[1.3B56] Graphical glitches

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

SirGunther
Cave Troll

[1.3B56] Graphical glitches

Post by SirGunther »

So today I experience something really odd, and rather frustrating.

I opened a previously created campaign, which has worked several times in the past without errors. Today, however, when I moved the map around, big blocks of background would show through, and the VBL would make graphical glitches. If I didn't zoom the map, it would be ok, but as soon as I zoomed again it would glitch. Also, the token images would change randomly, switching with other token images on the map. It's hard to describe so I've included a screen shot. You can't see it here, but when we were playing the horses all ended up with the wolf skeleton token image, and one of the medium sized tokens took the image of the large skeleton. The weird part of that was since it was a medium sized token, it only showed 1/4 of the image. Very strange.
graphics glitch.jpg
graphics glitch.jpg (96.11 KiB) Viewed 4944 times
I recently reorganized my token image library, changing folders around to make it easier for me keep track of them. Some of the tokens were in the map when I moved them. I can't think of anything else I have changed. I am including the campaign file in case it will help.
Attachments
WotBS Act 1 test.cmpgn
(1.24 MiB) Downloaded 101 times

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: [1.3B56] Graphical glitches

Post by Azhrei »

Your video drivers are screwed up. Either upgrade or downgrade them as appropriate and try again.

It's possible that your Java is messed up, too.

Whichever of the above have changed the most recently, change it back. ;)

SirGunther
Cave Troll

Post by SirGunther »

I did just update my drivers to the newest ones, and I hadn't used Maptools since. Thanks a bunch, Nvidia! Thanks for the advice, Azhrei, I'll give it a shot.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Campaign does load and display fine here. There have been other recent posts where the latest NVidia drivers have messed people up.

Return to “Resolved”