[1.3b59] Autosave error when map is covered by other panes

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

RicoTheBold
Kobold

[1.3b59] Autosave error when map is covered by other panes

Post by RicoTheBold »

While running Maptool 1.3b59 in only half of my monitor so I could copy some data from an app running in the other half, it started throwing an error saying "Autosave failed: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Width (0) and height (1048) cannot be = 0)" after being left alone for a bit. It looks like the autosave attempt is failing if the map is completely covered by the other panes within Maptool (which was only the case because it was being mushed into one half of the screen). I'm including a screenshot so you can see what I mean. It's not pretty (A minimally compressed .jpg of my 1920x1200 desktop was still about 800K, so I scaled it down and compressed it some more), but the text of the error is listed above and the main thing is that the map isn't viewable.

It should be pretty easy to duplicate. Open Maptool, cover the map window with all the other cool windows you can use, then wait until autosave kicks in and you should see the error.

[EDIT] As for suggested fix...I dunno, maybe remove wherever the save is looking for the map frame's dimensions? Does it really need to save that information? Maybe it could also save it as 1 and resize one of the panes by 1 (if it's saving their info) as an ugly workaround.
Attachments
AutosaveError2.jpg
AutosaveError2.jpg (126.64 KiB) Viewed 4962 times

aku
Dragon

Re: [1.3b59] Autosave error when map is covered by other panes

Post by aku »

not seeing it with autosave,however when i tried to manually save a campaign it said it couldnt save...

Edit: on second blush it did error out, it took a couple of minutes though, the first autosave didnt do it.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Hmm, that's probably a result of trying to create a thumbnail for the campaign. :)

Good catch on this bug!

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Wild, I would never have guessed the map area wouldn't be visible :)

I've put in a catch for this in 1.3b60
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Resolved”