[1.3.b59] Save Trees problems

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Bengalelf
Dragon

[1.3.b59] Save Trees problems

Post by Bengalelf »

(Edit: Subject line for posting was wrong. Fixed. - Mod)

I am running Maptool in Vista Home Premium. I notice when I try to save a token by right clicking the token and clicking on save. The files that come up in Save in dosn't appear to be refreshing.

What I mean is I had all my tokens saved under file A. Now After installing Maptool and opening it; I created file B in My Document file. Now when I go back to Maptool and try to save a token in file B. File doesn't come up in My Documents. And file A still comes up after I deleted it.

What am doing wrong? Does this make sense?

Phergus
Deity

Re: 59 Save Trees problems

Post by Phergus »

Seems to work fine for me in Vista. Save token A and when I go to save token B, token A is there. Save token C and tokens A & B are there. Delete token A and browse to folder and only tokens B & C are there.

*shrug*

Reboot?

BTW, "My Documents" isn't a file but a folder.

Bengalelf
Dragon

Post by Bengalelf »

Yes I am talking about folders not files. New folders I create do not appear when I return to maptool to cave a token in them.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

The Resource Library doesn't update if new folders are added after you have already opened the parent folder. Always been this way. Not a .b59 issue.

Bengalelf
Dragon

Re: [1.3.b59] Save Trees problems

Post by Bengalelf »

The Resource Library doesn't update if new folders are added after you have already opened the parent folder. Always been this way. Not a .b59 issue.
Yes, I know. I am talking about when I try to save a token in my computer's documents. The folders are not dated to changes made since the last time I save a token. I have created a new folder on my hardrive to save tokens in. When I try to save tokens to it, I cannot find the folder, even though I know I followed the right path.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

If I'm following you, I've seen this in Vista when I save files from Gimp. I save an image and then go look in the folder with the Windows Explorer and it doesn't show. A little while later and there it is. Doesn't always happen and seems to be most common when I have Windows Explorer set to view as icon. I haven't seen this with MT but I rarely save anything other than campaign files.

Bengalelf
Dragon

Post by Bengalelf »

I tting to hink you are starting to follow me.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

In which case then it isn't a bug in MT but just some oddity of Vista.

Bengalelf
Dragon

Post by Bengalelf »

I figured it out. Vista was saving my files in one place when I thought there going to another. I had two copies of My Documents. I hate Vista sometimes.

Thanks for trying

Return to “Resolved”