Interesting problem with b89.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

DanMathMan
Cave Troll

Interesting problem with b89.

Post by DanMathMan »

I am getting duplication with all my veggie macros that have a custom code. All other macros are working fine. I have been asked to post here about my problem so the community can look at it.
To be as through as possible, I am running Windows 8 with Java 7 and Lee's Cross platform Maptools launcher. These are the same for all tests I did.

I first started b89.

I loaded Zalarian's hybrid Veggiesama/DN campaign file found here hybrid
The file starts on the muster map and that is where I stayed.

I dropped my character tokens in the map (attached) and selected. one at a time.

I ran (well I ran most of the macros to test it out and only the ones with custom code had problems) On Zeem I ran Iron Soul Flurry of blows. I also ran sneak attack. On the Sterm token I ran Virtue of Valor.

To continue some testing I also ran Veggiesama's v 2.34 campaign file. and the same problems happened.

I also ran the same macros in b87 with no problems.

I was also in a game and the DM ran my macros remotely, and had no problems. He was running Java 6 and I believe he said Windows 7. We theorize it might be something with Java 7. EDIT one of the other players was having the same problem and he was running on vista. I don't remember if it was Java 6 or 7.

The spoiler block has the outcome of one of my macros. It just should have an effect line and a damage line. (I didn't get all the spaces below, but I did get the repetition.
Spoiler
Iron Soul Flurry of Blows

Effect: In addition to the damage, the target cannot shift until the end of my next turn. If the target was not a target of the triggering attack, it also cannot make opportunity attacks until the end of my turn.

Damage:

Effect: In addition to the damage, the target cannot shift until the end of my next turn. If the target was not a target of the triggering attack, it also cannot make opportunity attacks until the end of my turn.

Damage:

Damage:

Damage: In addition to the damage, the target cannot shift until the end of my next turn. If the target was not a target of the triggering attack, it also cannot make opportunity attacks until the end of my turn.

Damage:

Damage:

Damage:

Damage: Damage: « ConBonus + 2 = 3 + 2 = 5 »
Attachments
Sterm.rptok
(156.47 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
Zeem.rptok
(48.52 KiB) Downloaded 168 times

DanMathMan
Cave Troll

Re: Interesting problem with b89.

Post by DanMathMan »

Based upon other tests, it now appears to be related to the smiley problem, as addressed in other posts.

Dan

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

poor smiley
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I am backing out the patch for smileys. I was able to recreate the problem in the debugger, but the code is a little obtuse so I'm not going to try to fix it. Instead, the patch is being removed so the prior behavior comes back. :)

And I'm moving this thread into the "Bug Reports/Resolved" subforum.

Return to “Resolved”