Character Tool with D&D 3.5 Framework

Discussion of and general support for d20 D&D, including 3.0E and 3.5E and derivatives.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

rasouza
Kobold

Character Tool with D&D 3.5 Framework

Post by rasouza »

Hello guys,

I'm new here and also new to MAptools/Charactertools and I'm having some trouble. I just would like to play a D&D campaign with some friends and I chose to use Maptools.

I took some time to learn that I need a framework (which I found this amazing) in order to play. It happens that I don't know how to use the framework too much (it's the D&D3.5+Pathfinder) I spent some time trying to learn but I didn't learned much.

First of all, My players have created their PC's and I'd like to know how I can pass their PC's to Maptools. I noticed that PC's are tokens and also that I can't edit their properties. I tried to use Character tool but is this compatible with any framework? and how do I put it in maptools?

I think it's a good start if I could know these answers.

Thx!

neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: Character Tool with D&D 3.5 Framework

Post by neofax »

If you can get their character sheets into a Paizo Statblock, you can use the Statblock2Token Macro in the User Creations Forums. All you have to do is drop a token on the map. Select it and run the macro. Then paste the statblock into the input box and the token will be made. You just have to correct the minor errors as some assumptions are made that may be incorrect and skills like Knowledge/Craft/Perform/Profession do not import.

Return to “Support: d20 D&D”