Feats PHB2, MP, FRPG & AP

Discussion of and support for D&D 4e.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

neofax
Great Wyrm

Feats PHB2, MP, FRPG & AP

Post by neofax »

Here is a dump of all of the feats for subject material. It does not have modifierSetName if the feat modifies anything and the requirementsMet are blank. I am working on PHB2 Heroic level now and move to next...

Hope this helps someone out there.

UPDATED: feats.txt
Added: race, class and modifier

UPDATED (09-16-09): feats.txt
PHB2 C/W, FRPG C/W (waiting for fix to Genasi and need to figure out how to fix Spellscarred), MP C/W, AP C/W. Now off to fix powers.
Attachments
feats.txt
(252.89 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
race.txt
(18.36 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
modifier.txt
(380.11 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
class.txt
(25.09 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
Last edited by neofax on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: Feats PHB2, MP, FRPG & AP

Post by neofax »

Is there a check for a certain Class Feature is met or not? i.e. Bard has Virtue of Cunning I cannot find an example of this, so my assumption is no. If not, would there be a way to accomplish this?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I usually treat class features as feats. Then you can check to see if the combatant has that feat using the inList() function.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Great start! If you need script examples just ask, I'll go through and add some.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Changed my mind, I'll go ahead and add all the requirementsMet scripts. I do need you to put comments stating what source each feat came from. I just checked in all the source file support code for a new build and will create different files for each.

That feat file was huge! Thanks for all of your help.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

How would you like me to comment the source? Right now, I put <source>PHB2</source>, however, I think this is wrong (haven't tried it yet). Also, is there a way to do root.powerSource, "Primal", or something to that affect? Reason is because Martial Power, Arane Power and I assume all of the other Power books have feats that say Any Arcane Class. So Class Features that don't grant a power are feats, and if they grant a power, they are Powers? The file is huge, because it is from the character sheet builder that I cobbled together from the old Wiesbaden one.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Just add a comment to the file: <!-- Source Name -->

There isn't a way to test for power source of a class, so we can't program for it. Just enter the text and ignore that part.

The way to handle class features is dependent on whether the player can select it or not. If you look at barbarian, they get to choose between Thaneborn Triumph and Rageblood Vigor. So I made a feat entry for both of those and let the player choose. The choice determines which power you get, so there is a modifier attached to the feat that adds the correct power. Powers are always defined in the powers.rpdat.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Is there a newer version of the rpgame file? I only have PHB1 material.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Did you get the latest version of CT? That should allow you to download the new stuff.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Tell me when you have all of these finished. Then, I'll import them into the game settings files for you. What I've looked at so far looks great. I'm going to start work on the Macro mods for Veggiesama's framework.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Probably will be done with these this weekend.

Pug
Kobold

Post by Pug »

Speaking of PHBII feats, I'm trying to implement Weapon Expertise (basically it gives a bonus to all attack rolls (without discriminating weapon group because it doesn't work)) but it doesn't seem to want to work properly. Has anyone else taken a crack at this?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Weapon Expertise is one of the two feats I've already added to the PHBII source file. So you should be able to load it from the game settings file.

YmerejO42
Kobold

Post by YmerejO42 »

Any particular reason why Genasi aren't included in the races.txt file? I have a player who wants to play one, so I thought that this would be an easier way to add them in...

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I don't know how to add the Manifestation and Jay does not have the FRPG or FRCG books to see how to implement them. One way I can think of is to implement it like the Dragonborns Dragon Breath RP. Just my $0.02.

Return to “Support: D&D 4e”