Forgotten Realms

Discussion of and support for D&D 4e.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

YmerejO42
Kobold

Forgotten Realms

Post by YmerejO42 »

OK, I'm gonna admit that I'm stumped. I copied the 'dnd4e-phb2.rpgame' file that I have on my computer, and named it 'dnd4e-frpg.rpgame'. Unzipped it into a folder of the same name, then went into the 'properties.xml' file as well as all the others and changed the <source>Player's Handbook 2</source> to <source>Forgotten Realms Player's Guide</source>.

I then deleted all the race, feat, class and so forth info from the files, so that all that I had was the basic framework at the beginning of each file that tells you how each one should be filled out. I then entered the basic info for the races from the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide, including racial powers. As far as I can tell, I made no typos and entered everything correctly. The problem is, I can't get CharTool 1.0.b12 to recognize the file. Every time I try to use it, it says "This selected file is not a valid settings file:"

I'm including the file as I've edited it, renamed to dnd4e-frpg.zip because the board won't let me attach a .rpgame file, hopefully someone can find the problem and help me with this. It's mildly urgent, because I'm running a game in two days (Thursday) and one of my players wants a Windsoul Genasi, which is why I'm trying to get this working. Thanks to anyone who's willing and/or able to help!
Attachments
dnd4e-frpg.zip
(8.15 KiB) Downloaded 125 times

jay
RPTools Team

Re: Forgotten Realms

Post by jay »

I will take a look at this and get back to you. Thanks for the debugging help.

YmerejO42
Kobold

Post by YmerejO42 »

You are most welcome, and I hope that you can figure out what's wrong, because I have no idea.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

This is a bug in my code. I don't validate the files from RPTools but I do validate the ones entered on the Game Selection Dialog. That validation code was broken for game source files. It'll be fixed in the next build.

YmerejO42
Kobold

Post by YmerejO42 »

OK, so my files were right? Whew, that's a relief. I thought that I was going crazy, because I couldn't find anything wrong. Thanks, and I'm glad that I've helped by finding this.

Return to “Support: D&D 4e”