Great Wyrm

Re: Development status?

Post by neofax »

Jay,
Can you take a look at this and let me know why it does not work:

Code: Select all

<macro>
    <name>P_E_ Furious Assault</name>
    <macroText><table border='0' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0'><tr bgcolor='Maroon'><td><span style='color:white'><b> Furious Assault -  Half-Orc Racial</b></span></td></tr><tr bgcolor='#DAD9C6'><td> <i>Your monstrous wrath burns inside you, giving strength to your<br>attack.</i></td></tr><tr><td><b> Encounter &#149;  &nbsp&nbsp</b><br> <b>Free Action&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Personal </b><br><b>Trigger:</b> You hit an enemy.<br><b>Effect:</b> The attack deals 1[W] extra damage if it’s a weapon attack or 1d8 extra damage if it isn’t.<br></td></tr></table></macroText>
    <macroSetName>power.race</macroSetName>
  </macro>

<macro>
    <name>P_D_ Hunter’s Teamwork</name>
    <macroText><table border='0' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0'><tr bgcolor='Green'><td><span style='color:white'><b> Hunter&#8217;s Teamwork -  Ranger Attack 1</b></span></td></tr><tr bgcolor='#DAD9C6'><td> <i>You use a nearby ally to gain advantage with your attack.</i></td></tr><tr><td><b> At-Will &#149;  Martial, Weapon</b><br> <b>Standard Action</b>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <b>Ranged</b> weapon<br><b>Target:</b> One creature<br><b>Attack:</b> Dex vs. AC If two or more allies are adjacent to the target, you gain combat advantage against the target with the attack.</i><br>[d20 + DexBonus + LevelBonus + WeaponCBonus + MiscAttBonus]</td></tr><tr bgcolor='#DAD9C6'><td><b>Hit:</b> 1&#91;W&#93; + Dex damage. Increase damage to 2[W] + Dexterity modifier at 21st level.<br>[WeaponCDamage + DexBonus + WeaponCDamBonus + MiscDamBonus]<br></td></tr><tr><td><b></td></tr></table></macroText>
    <macroSetName>power.ranger</macroSetName>
  </macro>
  <macro>
    <name>P_E_ Rapid Volley</name>
    <macroText><table border='0' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0'><tr bgcolor='Maroon'><td><span style='color:white'><b> Rapid Volley -  Ranger Attack 1</b></span></td></tr><tr bgcolor='#DAD9C6'><td> <i>With amazing speed, you unleash a pair of arrows at your enemies.</i></td></tr><tr><td><b> Encounter &#149;  Martial, Weapon</b><br> <b>Standard Action</b>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <b>Ranged</b> weapon<br><b>Target:</b> One or two creatures<br></td></tr><tr bgcolor='#DAD9C6'><td><b>Attack:</b> Dex vs. AC, one attack per target. If you target one creature, you gain a +2 bonus to the damage roll. If you target two creatures, you take a &#8211;2 penalty to both attack rolls.<br>[d20 + DexBonus + LevelBonus + WeaponCBonus + MiscAttBonus]<br></td></tr><tr bgcolor='#DAD9C6'><td><b>Hit:</b> 1&#91;W&#93; + Dex damage <i>(ranged)</i>.<br>[WeaponCDamage + DexBonus + WeaponCDamBonus + MiscDamBonus]<br></td></tr></table></macroText>
    <macroSetName>power.ranger</macroSetName>
  </macro>
Time-Zone information UTC -5

Thanlis
Giant

Post by Thanlis »

Not Jay, but is it the curly single quote in the power description?
Reed (halfling sorcerer P3) // Collin (human fighter P2) // Cine (eladrin psion H2)
Sirath (deva shaman H1) // Alesk (dragonborn cleric H3) // Kevin (halfling barbarian H1)

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

The macro definitions seem correct, but without the power definitions I can't be sure. What exactly is the problem? Are they not showing up in the token? If so, make sure the name in the power.rpdat file's <macroName> element matches the macros.rpdat file's <name> element exactly. The macros.rpdat file had spaces in the names of the powers for some reason, but they shouldn't be there.

In the next build of CT I changed things around some. Adding the <macroName> element in power.rpdat was a pain and it kept you from having more than one macro for a power. So I removed it and set the <macroSetName> element in the macros.rpdat file be equal to power.power-name. If you do that with your power macros you should be able to copy them to the new file after the build.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

OK, I am assuming that is the problem. I only added them to macros.rpdat and not the other(or vice versa). I will fix this. Also, do you have any status on adding Veggie's framework to Character Tool?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I've not gotten started. I've just taken a look at the properties. I'm in the process of getting out another build, hopefully soon.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Worked on the framework some last night. I was doing pretty good until I figured out I need to reimplement the CT macro support to match the latest MT macros. So it will have to wait until after this next build.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

jay wrote:
Pug wrote:EDIT: When I was asking about racial modifiers, I meant to ask about limiting it to powers and effects which have the Cold keyword, nothing to do with <type> at all really. I don't suppose there is a way to restrict the penalties to attack bonuses with the Cold keyword is there?
Right now there isn't a way to apply modifiers that apply for the currently executing power. This has come up before, but it isn't all that easy to implement so it hasn't been done yet. Let me think about it some more and see if I can get something working. I'll try to have it ready for the next build.
I've implemented the support for this and it will be in the next build. To make it work a special modifier is need that is <appliedTo> powers.generalPowerMods, has an <applies> that checks for the Cold keyword and has an <instanceValueString> that has the name of the power property it is applied to. I made all of the power calculations including <*hitDamageModifier> and <*totalAttackModifier> to check for these modifiers. If there are any other calculations you need me to add this type of modifier to then just ask. As and example, you're cold power mod applied to primary attack damage would look like:

<modifier>
    <name>race.goron.xxx</name>
    <modifierSetName>race.goron</modifierSetName>
    <source>Goron</source>
    <bonus>-2</bonus>
    <type>race</type>
    <appliedTo>powers.generalPowerMods</appliedTo>
    <applies>or(containsIgnoreCase(rpGlobal.power.keywords, "cold")</applies>
    <instanceValueString>hitDamageModifier</instanceValueString>
  </modifier>

Pug
Kobold

Post by Pug »

Oh, excellent. Thanks. If I wanted the penalty to apply to attacks, would I change the <instanceValueString> to "hitAttackModifier"?

Also, can this code be adapted to implement the feats that apply to certain weapon groups? I.e., Weapon Focus and Weapon Expertise?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Pug wrote:Oh, excellent. Thanks. If I wanted the penalty to apply to attacks, would I change the <instanceValueString> to "hitAttackModifier"?
Yes. Don't forget to add separate modifiers for the secondary and tertiary attacks if the bonus applies to them too.
Pug wrote:Also, can this code be adapted to implement the feats that apply to certain weapon groups? I.e., Weapon Focus and Weapon Expertise?
It is a little different. Feats can be set up so the user is asked to select the proper group. In the feat.rpdat definition add the element <optionRequired>'weapon group'</optionRequired> and a selection box appears for the user. There are a couple of supported values right now: 'weapon group', 'weapon', 'skill', & 'implement'. if more are needed tell me. Then use <instanceValueString> in the modifier scripts to see if it applies. Here's an example feat:

<feat>
    <name>Weapon Focus</name>
    <benefit>Choose a specific weapon group, such as spears or heavy blades. You gain a +1 feat bonus to damage rolls with your chosen weapon group. At 11th level, this bonus increases to +2. At 21st level, it increases to +3. Special: You can take this feat more than once. Each time you select this feat, choose another weapon group.</benefit> 
    <optionRequired>'weapon group'</optionRequired>
    <modifierSetName>feat.weaponFocus</modifierSetName>
  </feat>   
And the first modifier for it would look like this:

<modifier>
    <name>feat.weaponFocus.0</name>
    <appliedTo>weapon.normalDamageBonus</appliedTo>
    <applies>eq(instanceValueString, root.weapon.group)</applies>
    <type>feat</type>
    <bonus>if(lt(root.level, 11), 1, if(lt(root.level, 21), 2, 3))</bonus>
  </modifier>

Pug
Kobold

Post by Pug »

jay wrote:

<feat>
    <name>Weapon Focus</name>
    <benefit>Choose a specific weapon group, such as spears or heavy blades. You gain a +1 feat bonus to damage rolls with your chosen weapon group. At 11th level, this bonus increases to +2. At 21st level, it increases to +3. Special: You can take this feat more than once. Each time you select this feat, choose another weapon group.</benefit> 
    <optionRequired>'weapon group'</optionRequired>
  </feat>
And the first modifier for it would look like this:

<modifier>
    <name>feat.weaponFocus.0</name>
    <appliedTo>weapon.normalDamageBonus</appliedTo>
    <applies>eq(instanceValueString, root.weapon.group)</applies>
    <type>feat</type>
    <bonus>if(lt(root.level, 11), 1, if(lt(root.level, 21), 2, 3))</bonus>
  </modifier>
Hmm -- using this code, I still don't get a check box to select weapon group. It just adds the feat "Weapon Focus" and nothing else. I'm using the most recent version of CT (1.0.b12?).

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Could you send me your game settings file? I'll take a look at it.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Not trying to be pushy, but how close is the newest build? Also, will it have the capability of outputting to Veggie's framework? I am almost done with the powers up to Mid-September. I updated the feats a while back, and am waiting for how to implement the modifiers for the feats.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I'm in the process of testing it now. It took a lot to get Veggie's framework in there, but it is working now. So the next build should be today and tomorrow and availability will be after Trevor pushes it.

Modifiers all go into modifier.rpdat. There are all kinds of examples in there for all different kinds of modifiers. Are you having problems with a particular modifier that I can help you with?

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Thanks for the update. I will see about fixing the modifiers for the feats I previously did. Then CT should be at roughly 80% what the Character Builder does. BTW, are you working on building a importer for the XML output of CB to CT?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I've looked into it and it is certainly possible. I've not started actual work on it yet though. It may be a fairly large project.

Return to “Support: D&D 4e”