UI difference from 1.10 to 1.12

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
xavram
Dragon

UI difference from 1.10 to 1.12

Post by xavram »

So finally got done updating to 1.12 and I noticed some weird UI differences.

UI in 1.10

See how the buttons have "dimension" to them, almost a raised effect? and how you can see the individual tabs on the 2nd screenshot?

Now in 1.12

Buttons are "flat", everything takes up more space horizontally, and you can no longer see the individual tabs...and also, somehow, the tab order got all messed up.

Is there a reason for all these differences? Or is it just a difference between that 1.10 and 1.12 that I have to accept? Thanks!

taustinoc
Dragon

Re: UI difference from 1.10 to 1.12

Post by taustinoc »

There were some significant changes under the hood to make more themes available and improve how they work, but what's available is all based on that modern look. It's been discussed (and argued about) a lot on the Discord channel If you poke around in the different themes, some of them look more like the old interface, but there's nothing (so far - some people are trying) that really duplicates it.

xavram
Dragon

Post by xavram »

K, I will see if any of the themes help the look.

But why would the tab order change?

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

Looks like it reversed the alphabetizing, or maybe (if you had them alphabetized in the first place) just reversed the order. Which seems an odd thing to do.

First I've heard of that. Have you ever checked out the Discord channel? They might have more thoughts on it.

Return to “MapTool”