Light sources not turning on- same with light on PC tokens

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Goonalan
Giant

Light sources not turning on- same with light on PC tokens

Post by Goonalan »

Moved over to version 56 mid adventure and there are no problems, however I'm starting to build the next installment of the campaign and the light sources for the PC tokens default always to the Campaign Pref default setting. No other light sources respond to the PC's being in sight of them, i.e. they don't turn on or illuminate- completely stuck.

I take the same tokenout of the present adventure build and put it down in my old adventure (built in version 54) and everything works fine.

CampaignProps have been carried over.

I start afresh in 56 with the same token light sources that work in 56 (campaign built in 54) and it resets to default settings, and none of the light sources turn on- what gives.

Am I the only one or am I missing something- tried all vision settings still nothing?

Help, pretty please

Cheers Paul

Attached is a screenshot with Aeolace with 60ft light source- not.
Attachments
Lights not on.jpg
Lights not on.jpg (171.92 KiB) Viewed 466 times
Read the Friday Knights Storyhour at http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 38&start=0 now with added pictures, the 4e related adventures and shenanigans of a bunch of ne'erdowells playing via Maptools.

Goonalan
Giant

Re: Light sources not turning on- same with light on PC tokens

Post by Goonalan »

Further to this when I import the map I'm working on into a 54 build, even though I'm using version 56 maptools everything works fine, same map built in 56 with exactly the same tokens et al- no light sources work on token or anything else.

When I save the campaign file I get- "You are saving in an old format- you may lose information by doing so. Continue?

And when I do everything works...

See screen schot
Attachments
lights not on 2.jpg
lights not on 2.jpg (188.7 KiB) Viewed 453 times
Read the Friday Knights Storyhour at http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 38&start=0 now with added pictures, the 4e related adventures and shenanigans of a bunch of ne'erdowells playing via Maptools.

IMarvinTPA
Dragon

Post by IMarvinTPA »

I'm not sure exactly, but could you take a screen shot with the "Show Light Sources" enabled? This can be found under the View menu.

Also, do a measurement with the measure tool (Second tool type from the normal pointer choices). I'm wondering if somehow you've got 1 pixel = 1 foot...

IMarv

Goonalan
Giant

Post by Goonalan »

Attached screenshot.

Here's a new one when I save my campaign, then go back looking for it doesn't appear as a campaign file, I click on Allfiles and there they are and it loads fine.

Anyway screenshot...

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Light 3.jpg
Light 3.jpg (199.38 KiB) Viewed 437 times

Goonalan
Giant

Post by Goonalan »

So I got it work, sort of, I started afresh imported some very old Campaignprops and built the map again- see screenshot, and the light sources work.

However as I said above when I save as the file it has no problems.

If I got recent campaigns it's there fine.

If I go to open and look in the folder there are no campaign files available, then when I switch to AllFiles they're all there...

Weird.

Do you know whay it's doing this- a little inconvenient...

Any other surprises with version 56, or am I first to get this.

How about this one when go to add a map the default setting grasslands appears as red x's...

What's going on?

Screenshot 2

And of course grasslands appears as grasslands in my default selection...

Sorry they're in the wrong order but you see what I mean.
Attachments
screen2.jpg
screen2.jpg (230.96 KiB) Viewed 422 times
screen1.jpg
screen1.jpg (232.05 KiB) Viewed 423 times

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Goonalan wrote:If I go to open and look in the folder there are no campaign files available, then when I switch to AllFiles they're all there...
There's a bug in that the Open dialog thinks campaign files have one filename extension when it's really something different. Should be fixed in b57, IIRC.
How about this one when go to add a map the default setting grasslands appears as red x's...
Trevor posted recently that he was working on the image manager code and this bug is the target.

Goonalan
Giant

Post by Goonalan »

Azhrei wrote:
Goonalan wrote:If I go to open and look in the folder there are no campaign files available, then when I switch to AllFiles they're all there...
There's a bug in that the Open dialog thinks campaign files have one filename extension when it's really something different. Should be fixed in b57, IIRC.
Trevor posted recently that he was working on the image manager code and this bug is the target.
Coolio, and the next adventure for the Friday Knights has begun, skill challenge sorted for impressing the Princess in the Chainmail Bikini, skill challenge for kissing Lord Markelhay's wife likewise up and running- yep this is going to be a tough assignment for the Friday Knights...

Thanks as always, you people are the plural of genius, late and I can't remember what the plural of genius is...

Cheers Paul

aku
Dragon

Post by aku »

Goonalan wrote:
Azhrei wrote:
Goonalan wrote:If

Thanks as always, you people are the plural of genius, late and I can't remember what the plural of genius is...

Cheers Paul
Genies? :D

Return to “MapTool”