A Rather Uniqe Hosting Issue...

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
BlueAngel
Kobold

A Rather Uniqe Hosting Issue...

Post by BlueAngel »

Okay, before I get hit with the "This Question Has Been Asked" bat, let me speak a bit.

Now, I have for three days now been doing all I can to host a server. I have for Port Forwarded on my router correctly linking the port number "51234" to my IP as stated in that very well written PDF document I found lurking this website.

I have also tried the Hamachi Solution on the newest version of Hamachi, (Going to try an older one today) and still nothing came up in the client's LAN tab, (Me and several different peers have been testing and trouble shooting for a while now)

Lastly, my ERROR message when I try to "test connection" is not as simple as the plain old message it comes up as....

"While configuring UPnP (1)
net.sbbi.upnp.messages.UPNPResponseException: Detailed erro code :402, Detailed error description :Invaild Args"

Then a new window appears....saying.

"UPnP: Port Mapping Failed."

Then a long pause where it seems to do nothing, then..

"Succes..ect, ect."

But, I try and have my friends connect and they can SEE the server, but they con not get in. We tried passwords, we tried no passwords, we tried everything.

At first I thought, well maybe the IP is broken, but then I realized all my others ports in my Router are to the SAME IP, games included are Dawn Of War II, Soldat, and another Table Top client (That sucks) GameTable. We tried Soldat which has similar networking issues when hosting servers on your own machine.

So, knowing my IP is fine, the port is correctly forwarded...Alomst, and out of ideas I come to you.

Countless hours of trying to do this myself for the greater good of saving you guys time by not bugging you with this tedious problem, at last I have caved and now I ask you all for aid.

Last Note!

I use maptool-1.3.b56, because I here from vet's its rather stable compared to newer versions.

Chrest
Cave Troll

Re: A Rather Uniqe Hosting Issue...

Post by Chrest »

BlueAngel wrote:Now, I have for three days now been doing all I can to host a server. I have for Port Forwarded on my router correctly linking the port number "51234" to my IP as stated in that very well written PDF document I found lurking this website.

<snip>

"While configuring UPnP (1)
net.sbbi.upnp.messages.UPNPResponseException: Detailed erro code :402, Detailed error description :Invaild Args"
Do you have the "Use UPnP" box checked when you're starting the server? If so, that's the problem; you shouldn't use UPnP and port forwarding at the same time. http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?t=3007

BlueAngel
Kobold

Post by BlueAngel »

Unchecked the box and still the same problem..

I am very unsure why this would be happening, My linksys is very user friendly and I have entered numerous ports before hand? Why is it not picking up the connection, sometimes it will give me a error saying I am not connection at all, sometimes it says I am but still other people can not connect, and sometimes it just times out?

My ISP is very nice, I have hosted servers with OpenRPG, Soldat, and Killingfloor countless times with no lag. I used it for Xbox Live, and always had the top connection. So I know that is not the problem. I am seriously at a loss of ideas.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

What Chrest said and I would recommend power-cycling your router prior to trying again. Some routers get really confused if you have ports already forwarded and then you try and use UPnP to do the same thing.

Make sure your firewall is set to prompt you before blocking access as you will need to allow Java through for this.

Return to “MapTool”