Questions/confirmations regarding vision...

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Darinth
Dragon

Questions/confirmations regarding vision...

Post by Darinth »

Okay. So... I'm trying to figure out exactly what causes vision to slow down and when things are calculated. From my understanding, vision is calculated on mouseover of a token with vision. I have to assume, maptool looks at the token's vision property and as each token is moused over generates the intersections between visible areas and lit areas. So.. I have several questions and statements I'd like confirmed.

Question 1: If no light or vision properties are changed and a token is not moved, is the visible area of a token cached or is it regenerated on every mouseover?

Question 2: What elements contribute to additional lag time on drawing a visible area?
A: Quantity and complexity of individual VBL elements slows down vision processing.
B: Number of light sources slows down vision processing.
C: Complexity of light source on token slows down vision processing.
D: Do different elements/ranges of sight slow down vision processing? I.E. will it take longer to process the sight for a token with lowlight vision as compared to a token without.

What other elements slow down/speed up vision processing?

Are any of my assumptions incorrect?
Loyalty is not blind, and it cannot be forced. It is a sincere bond formed out of respect and gratitude.

Return to “MapTool”