Drag -n- Drop to Image Explorer

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
dorpond
RPTools Team

Drag -n- Drop to Image Explorer

Post by dorpond »

I was just thinking how nice it would be to be able to drag and drop internet images directly into Image Explorer and have those files go directly into the directories in the file system.

This would greatly speed up my "snagging" instead of opening up all my directories on the C drive and dragging them there.

Just an idea that came up as I was map building.

ego093
Giant

Post by ego093 »

Seconded.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

That would be pretty easy. I'll add a tracker.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dLANbandit
Dragon

Post by dLANbandit »

"snagging" v. verb - i. catching a garment or other textile on something, that causes a rip or tear.
ii. "If you can right click it, it's yours."

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

dLANbandit wrote:"snagging" v. verb - ii. "If you can right click it, it's yours."
LOL that is just sooo wrong, but hey I am right there with ya! :wink:
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

Dracorat
Dragon

Post by Dracorat »

While you are at it, could you make tokens droppable on to the system in the same manner?

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Dracorat wrote:While you are at it, could you make tokens droppable on to the system in the same manner?
From MT onto your computer?

We've already had this discussion and the answer is no.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Dracorat wrote:While you are at it, could you make tokens droppable on to the system in the same manner?
I'm not following ... ??

Dracorat
Dragon

Post by Dracorat »

Phergus wrote:
From MT onto your computer?

We've already had this discussion and the answer is no.
Oh? Then I missed that discussoin and why is the answer no?

Trevor: I tend to make tokens for my players and their spells or items, etc. I would love for them to be able to save those locally so they can use them in the future. - Instead of the current "... yeah, that token that had the sword. You know, the shiney one. You used it about a month ago!"

As for some level of token security: It's not like people can't take screenshots in order to capture any image they like already. Locking a feature out because we would be concerned about such a thing (if that's the line of reasoning here) would seem quite a silly reason te keep such a feature on the no list. =)

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

I think they are referring to the copyright discussion we had a few weeks ago. I believe it was decided that we, as GMs, didn't want the players to have the ability to snag things from MapTool for various reasons, mostly to keep them from opening up your dungeon and seeing the area htey have not yet explored. Tokens would be included in that as they would be on the map.
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

Dracorat
Dragon

Post by Dracorat »

Then let's add an option for whether or not content is protected. It can even be defaulted to "protected".

Right now, I have to zip up files from time to time, upload them to my FTP and instruct people to download them.

Letting people arbitrarily save tokens would be a big win for me. I don't care who copies my tokens. Hell, I'm flattered.

Michael Silverbane
Cave Troll

Post by Michael Silverbane »

Could token/object copying be linked to the new ownership property?

Later
silver
It's a big world out there. Go tear it up.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Michael Silverbane wrote:Could token/object copying be linked to the new ownership property?

Later
silver
Tell me more, do you mean the copy has the original ownership, or the person copying has sole ownership ?

Michael Silverbane
Cave Troll

Post by Michael Silverbane »

I mean that whether or not a token can be copied is linked to ownership. ie. You can only copy a token that you own. A copied token should probably retain whatever properties (including ownership, notes, etc.) that the original had.

And by copy, really I mean the ability to pull a token out of Maptool and onto your desktop or into some other folder.

Later
silver
It's a big world out there. Go tear it up.

Return to “MapTool”