Trouble Starting Zipped Version (v1.2 b21)

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Blakey
Dragon

Trouble Starting Zipped Version (v1.2 b21)

Post by Blakey »

Hi,

Have been running the web start version no problems. Just downloaded the zipped version with a view to trying that so I could increase memory allocation. I get this error:

e:\maptool> java -jar maptool-*.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/rptools/clientserver/hessian/client/ClientConnection

I am running this version of Java:

e:\maptool> java -version
java version "1.5.0_09"

Any clues?

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

At a guess, you used an archiver that didn't keep the correct directory structure leaving the jars intact and instead it unpackaged them.

After extracting the zip file should have 2 batch files for running MT, a .jar file that is the MT program, a readme and a lib folder that has a bunch more jar files in it.

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

Hmmm, everything unpacked into just one level and there was no library folder. There's only about 20 files (mostly .jars, a couple of .bats and a README).

I'll have another look at the unzipper...

Cheers for the help.
Blakey

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

Yeah, that cracked it. I simply dragged and dropped all the files into one directory before rather than running a standard extract.

Thanks!!

Blakey

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Also, be sure to use the .bat files and not the .jar file. You can update the .bat files to use whatever memory you want to use.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Dalna
Dragon

Post by Dalna »

Also remember when you update...the bat file assumes the lowest number maptool version so you either must specify the version or delete or rename the jars that you don't want to run.

Return to “MapTool”