java.net.connectedexpetion timed out

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Stimm
Kobold

java.net.connectedexpetion timed out

Post by Stimm »

having trouble connecting to a game, any one know how to fix this?

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: java.net.connectedexpetion timed out

Post by jfrazierjr »

Stimm wrote:having trouble connecting to a game, any one know how to fix this?
Well, first this is the wrong forum, User FAQ should be for known issues AND how to resolve them, not questions.

Anyway, this depends on a number of issues, but typically(ie, almost all cases) the problem resides on the side of the person hosting the server. Has said person read the network FAQ and followed the steps? Can others connect to said person's MapTool instance? Really, you just don't give enough detailed information. If you are the person hosting the server, let us know that. If not, have the person who IS hosting the server provide some information back here after going through the network FAQ and DOING each step in order until they hit a step that "fails".
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Stimm wrote:having trouble connecting to a game, any one know how to fix this?
Yes.

(Notice my answer is about as helpful as your question is descriptive? That's on purpose to make a point. 8))

desertturkey
Kobold

Post by desertturkey »

Hey, I have a similar problem, trying to connect to a server, it times out. The host shows me connecting, then dropping. I tried the steps as shown in ((http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15099)) but the value for my transmit buffer only goes up to 128. Card is a Realtek PCIe GBE family controller.

Cannot connect to server, java.net.connectedexception
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15099
Attempting to connect to a server yields the error : Could not load campaign. java.net.socketexception : connection reset
I have attempted to modify my network card settings as suggested in sever of the other threads to no avail. Other users can connect to server with no problem.
I put a fresh install of MT .87 onto my laptop and attempted to connect to the server with the same error code. Both machines are running windows 7 x64
Any supporting attachments (?)

desertturkey
Kobold

Post by desertturkey »

Used wireless to connect to neighbor's internets, maptools worked just fine, went into router settings, nestled deep in the menus was a firewall turned on, things work fine now, my bad on wasting the post space!

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Nope, space was not wasted -- you just helped a dozen other people solve their own network issues! (They haven't had that problem yet, but when they do the answer is right here. :))

Return to “MapTool”