Vision

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
venger
Giant

Vision

Post by venger »

I did some exploring last night and one issue I came across was involved with my own mistakes

I painted a few topology items but early on in the drawing process, I made an error. I needed to erase a previous topology mask I had painted but I had already saved my map and couldnt find a way to erase just one area

Is there a tool to do this with? I could not find a way to remove a mask once painted.

If there is not, I would like to submit it as a feature request
Thanks!

venger
Giant

Post by venger »

Please disregard my previous post, and it may be deleted,
I found that using SHIFT I could accomplish this

*continues to explore*

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Heh, you found the right answer :) I have a tracker to update the tool help for 1.2. Hopefully that will help
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

venger
Giant

Post by venger »

Thanks

There are a number of things I have questions about, but I am trying to discover them for myself or searching the forums before posting a question about them.

Some things are quite intuitive, and others are not readily apparant.

Im thinking of creating a list of questions and just post them all at the same time, and then make a document from the answers I can keep handy, but if there are docs on the way, I will wait
Last edited by venger on Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

venger wrote:Please disregard my previous post, and it may be deleted,
I found that using SHIFT I could accomplish this
I'd like to see there be a cursor change when "adding" and "subtracting" from a topology layer. A simple + and - sign like photoshop does when you add and subtract from a selection would work well.

trevor

Post by trevor »

venger wrote: Im thinking of creating a list of questions and just post them all at the same time
Feel free to not spend too much time searching the forums or the (horrendously outdated) docs, instead post the questions as they come, we love the communication and don't mind reposts at all.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Full Bleed wrote: I'd like to see there be a cursor change when "adding" and "subtracting" from a topology layer. A simple + and - sign like photoshop does when you add and subtract from a selection would work well.
Agreed.

venger
Giant

Post by venger »

Feel free to not spend too much time searching the forums or the (horrendously outdated) docs, instead post the questions as they come, we love the communication and don't mind reposts at all.
Ok Fair enough!

Slipshod
Cave Troll

Post by Slipshod »

trevor wrote:Heh, you found the right answer :) I have a tracker to update the tool help for 1.2. Hopefully that will help
Any chance this could be toggled with a button instead of shift? I use my tablet PC in slate mode all the time... no easy shift button access.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Slipshod wrote:
trevor wrote:Heh, you found the right answer :) I have a tracker to update the tool help for 1.2. Hopefully that will help
Any chance this could be toggled with a button instead of shift? I use my tablet PC in slate mode all the time... no easy shift button access.
Good point. In fact, it's doing the same thing as the drawing tools erase, There was some discussion a while back about putting up a control panel similar to the drawing tools where you can click a button to toggle it.

How would that work out for everybody ?

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

A control panel that include an erase/add FoW toggle and snap-to-grid toggle would be nice.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Tracker added

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

trevor wrote:we love the communication and don't mind reposts at all.
That's my favorite thing about it here. As much as I still strive to figure it out myself, I'm not really afraid of coming off as a newbie. Everybody has been super friendly and we really appreciate it!

Slipshod
Cave Troll

Post by Slipshod »

Phergus wrote:A control panel that include an erase/add FoW toggle and snap-to-grid toggle would be nice.
Add a pen width control as well. Might be nice to be able to control the width of the pen when overlaying some map's walls.

Return to “MapTool”