Q on tokens and visibility

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
xTimx
Cave Troll

Q on tokens and visibility

Post by xTimx »

when i'm in GM mode, i can drag a token onto the field and move it around and such and its set as a token, visible to players, allowed it to have vision, and so on..
but when i switch to "player view" the token disapears entirely.

i opened up a second maptools session and connected that one as a player, and even then so i cant see the token. can someone help me fix this? i hope this isnt a bug! :(

Thank you again

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Re: Q on tokens and visibility

Post by CoveredInFish »

Have you tried to reveal vision to the token?
Try to move it a step or press META-I

You have to enable vision in the map menu as well. If you set it to Day it should work right away, if you set it to Night you must provide light sources.

xTimx
Cave Troll

Re: Q on tokens and visibility

Post by xTimx »

CoveredInFish wrote:Have you tried to reveal vision to the token?
Try to move it a step or press META-I

You have to enable vision in the map menu as well. If you set it to Day it should work right away, if you set it to Night you must provide light sources.

the only way i can view the tokens is if the visibility is off, but when its on day or night they vanish. and yes i did what u said. still nothing

EDIT: I got it! i went into edit mode on the token and I forgot to set the ownership to the players.

Return to “MapTool”