hi i am new and loving maptool but i have a small problem

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
redSka
Kobold

hi i am new and loving maptool but i have a small problem

Post by redSka »

hi dudes

ok so i am using a pathfinder framework
and everything is fine but when i am running the framework the box to freely re-size and image isn't there and i don't know how to get it back??

any help would be awesome
thank you, also i am looking for players for my games, must want to use skype. 8) :mrgreen: 8)
Last edited by aliasmask on Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from General Discussion to MapTool

Raoden
Dragon

Re: hi i am new and loving maptool but i have a small proble

Post by Raoden »

Generally the free re-size box exists for objects on the Object and Background layers. Are you trying to resize a token on the Token layer?
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed."
- G. K. Chesterton

Wonderful HTML/CSS reference * Color Manager * Token Manager 2.0

redSka
Kobold

Post by redSka »

no i am not,

the box dose not show up for any layer

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

redSka wrote:no i am not,

the box dose not show up for any layer
Make sure you set the size to freesize (or native) and that your are using MapTool 1.3 b87 or lower.

Irrlicht
Dragon

Post by Irrlicht »

I was looking exactly fo this. I'm using b88, so I can't resize any token on any level?

Also, I noticed that the b88 download has "broken" in the name. Has it always been like that or has it been added after some time? Because I don't remember if it was like that when I downloaded b88.
And does that mean that b88 has some particular problem?
"There are many ways my Son, to find where the souls of Demons remain...
But it takes only one second of despair and of doubt until, at last, your Soul they will gain..."

rgwynnjr
Cave Troll

Post by rgwynnjr »

Irrlicht wrote:I was looking exactly fo this. I'm using b88, so I can't resize any token on any level?

Also, I noticed that the b88 download has "broken" in the name. Has it always been like that or has it been added after some time? Because I don't remember if it was like that when I downloaded b88.
And does that mean that b88 has some particular problem?

Yes, it got the broken status after a few bugs made there way into b88. Your issue is one of them.

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22097

See near the end of page 3 (Craig's post in between mine) on most of the issues with b88 and work on patches to those bugs. I think they are getting close, but still waiting on more word on it.
Yeah... I'm a Druid. No... I don't hung trees, I kick a**.

Irrlicht
Dragon

Post by Irrlicht »

So, until b88 is fixed or b89 is out, would I do better to go back to b87? Or is there any risk of non-compatibility?
"There are many ways my Son, to find where the souls of Demons remain...
But it takes only one second of despair and of doubt until, at last, your Soul they will gain..."

rgwynnjr
Cave Troll

Post by rgwynnjr »

Irrlicht wrote:So, until b88 is fixed or b89 is out, would I do better to go back to b87? Or is there any risk of non-compatibility?
No, you should have no issue using b87 for your campaign file. You will get a popup box about opening the file in b87, but just click OK to it. If you are like me though, make a copy of your campaign file before opening in b87 just in case.

FYI: In case you use UPNP, you can not use UPNP in b87 and must uncheck that box. You have to manually setup port forwarding for server hosting. Check here if you need help - http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21980
Yeah... I'm a Druid. No... I don't hung trees, I kick a**.

Return to “MapTool”