Running MapTools in Linux?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Kerokus
Kobold

Running MapTools in Linux?

Post by Kerokus »

Heya all!

So I'm right in the middle of the Pathfinder Age of Worms campaign, and I need to go out of state for a few weeks. Unfortunately, my laptop is Linux. Does anyone know how to get MapTools to run on a Linux System? (I'm using Fedora 15).

I've tried running the launcher using Wine, and to its credit the memory-set box will appear, but then nothing happens after that. (It doesn't freeze or anything like...it just doesn't launch. No error message either.)

I get the feeling it has something to do with Java, but I'm not sure how to go about making this work. It's frustrating. (If anything, I figured I would have a harder time getting Hero Lab to run, but that works just fine! lol)

If anyone has some tips, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

~Justin

neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: Running MapTools in Linux?

Post by neofax »

Open a terminal and type java -version. Make sure you are not using OpenJDK or IcedTea, if so install Oracles jre6 package from Fedora's repositories (I don't know how as I use Arch). Next cd into your MapTool folder and nano Launch\ maptool.sh. Delete the first two lines so that #!/bin/bash is the first line. Then change the max mem size to 1024M leave the next line and set the stack to 4M, hit CTRL+X then enter. Now type ./Launch\ maptool.sh<ENTER>. MapTool should now boot up. You do not need the MapTool Launcher.exe as for that you would need java installed into your WINE environment.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

Return to “MapTool”