Question about Vision Blocking

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
hypersapien
Kobold

Question about Vision Blocking

Post by hypersapien »

Are tokens the only thing that can be blocked from view with the Vision Blocking Layer? Is it possible to set Object or Background tiles so that they can only be seen by tokens with direct line of site?

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: Question about Vision Blocking

Post by JamzTheMan »

Actually, everything is blocked by VBL. The players will only see a wall of "Black" beyond any VBL.

Turn on Fog of War, then turn on Player view with a token set as PC to view exactly what they would see.
-Jamz

Akodo Makama
Giant

Post by Akodo Makama »

JamzTheMan wrote:Actually, everything is blocked by VBL. The players will only see a wall of "Black" beyond any VBL.

Turn on Fog of War, then turn on Player view with a token set as PC to view exactly what they would see.
Do note that, once the Fog of War has been lifted (by having a token 'see' an area even only once), then objects and backgrounds will be visible, even if 'behind' the VBL.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

True, i believe everyone calls that Soft FoW. Although that can be erased as well manually or with functions available from Aliasmask and Wolf. I've been using that for so long i almost forgot about it :)
-Jamz

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

JamzTheMan wrote:True, i believe everyone calls that Soft FoW. Although that can be erased as well manually or with functions available from Aliasmask and Wolf. I've been using that for so long i almost forgot about it :)
Ctrl+shift+O will reset FoW for all pc tokens and clear their immediate LoS

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Or if you like to keep the soft FOW, you can just move the "object" to the token layer. Then the PCs will require direct LOS to see. Another option would be to make it invis to players until a time you think they should see. This is a way to let certain players see where others can not. If you check the visible to owner only (or something like that), you can set to owned by specific players. If the item is on the object layer, they may own but can't select or view directly. Be careful, they will be able to stick click it if there is text in the Notes which will be displayed when clicked. That is a feature.

Return to “MapTool”