Resource Library Location?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
SpeedyBanana
Kobold

Resource Library Location?

Post by SpeedyBanana »

When you download image packs automatically using MapTools (the RPTools Library downloader)... where exactly do they get stored? I've downloaded a bunch of image packs using MapTools... they show up fine in the Resource Library... but I can't seem to find them anywhere on my hard drive. Are they stored in a zip or something? Does anyone know the location they automatically get saved to?

JML
Dragon

Re: Resource Library Location?

Post by JML »

In an hidden folder called .maptool
You'll find them in the resource subfolder, but as a rule of thumb don't mess with the .maptool folder and leave it to the software :wink:

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I think it'll depend on your OS, but where your user data is kept under .maptool/resource

*edit* I don't think it's a hidden folder though, just not in my documents or on your desktop. Win7 it's under C:\Users\[name]\.maptool. In XP it's under C:\Documents and Settings\[name]\.maptool.

SpeedyBanana
Kobold

Post by SpeedyBanana »

aliasmask wrote:I think it'll depend on your OS, but where your user data is kept under .maptool/resource

*edit* I don't think it's a hidden folder though, just not in my documents or on your desktop. Win7 it's under C:\Users\[name]\.maptool. In XP it's under C:\Documents and Settings\[name]\.maptool.

Thank you!

JML
Dragon

Post by JML »

aliasmask wrote:…I don't think it's a hidden folder though…
Sorry, that's a Unix based systems slant. I'm on MacOS and all files and and folders whose names begin with a dot are hidden.

Scubba
Cave Troll

Post by Scubba »

Always fun responding to an almost 8 year old post, but I just had to look this up myself, as I wanted to use actual files from the default resource pack to update my campaign states (with those awesome tokens in 'States'.

On my Mac running Mojave (10.14.6) I could type this in for the image location of a state set for 'Image':

Code: Select all

/Users/<username>/.maptool-rptools/resource/Default/States/Dead.png
Please note, the Java file browser would not let me browse to the hidden .maptool-rptools folder.

Return to “MapTool”