MapTool Dev Build (testing, version 0.95) - Jan. 28, 2012

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Lee
Dragon

Re: MapTool Dev Build (unofficial, version 0.5)

Post by Lee »

It's okay Sol. It's a known problem so your experience is just a representative of (potentially) a lot of other users. Finding out about it now gives a chance to do something about it early on, so in all respects that it wasn't working for you is a lot more helpful than reports that it's working perfectly.

@wolph I'm as eager as anyone else to get past the finish line :)

Sol Invictus
Cave Troll

Post by Sol Invictus »

It's a pleasure to be of help! And may the almighty devities of MT hear our prayers!
(It's ok, I get to make blasphemous jokes, I'm a man of God. :roll: Or at least I know the consequences :? )

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

Just an update, the next build on queue will use the sbbi library. I've updated myself on the cling developments and they're moving toward a massive update to 2.0, consolidating changes in both the fork (that has the hacks) and the main. The discussion's pretty involved so it's likely next year till I get to test the final product. Not sure if the hacks will make it into main, but it's likely that it will.

I'm working on one of the major MT bugs right now and have the getImage problem on queue. Please report here other things that need attention so I will know how to time the release appropriately. Thanks.

Lee
Dragon

Re: MapTool Dev Build (unofficial, version 0.6) - Dec. 17, 2

Post by Lee »

Upload completed. As mentioned above, this build uses the sbbi-upnp library. See changelog 0.6 on the first post for details. Since no one has reported anything, I'll assume all is well.

aliasmask
Deity

Post by aliasmask »

Sol Invictus wrote:It's a pleasure to be of help! And may the almighty devities of MT hear our prayers!
(It's ok, I get to make blasphemous jokes, I'm a man of God. :roll: Or at least I know the consequences :? )

He knows all the loop holes.

Sol Invictus
Cave Troll

Post by Sol Invictus »

aliasmask wrote:
Sol Invictus wrote:It's a pleasure to be of help! And may the almighty devities of MT hear our prayers!

He knows all the loop holes.

Of course, and my claim made it even worse - but I trust in his will for us to be happy enough for him to encourage jokes that can't really touch him anyway :-) But if you take a different stance, I'll refrain from that kind of joke in the future.

As expected, starting the server with UPnP works! :D UPnP does open the right port, a second instance of MT can connect via the external IP (JIC that matters at all). canyouseeme.org reports the port to be open.
fresh debug info from the 0.6 version:
[spoiler=MapTool_Dev (sbbi-upnp library) Debug Info]==== MapTool Information ====
MapTool Version: DEVELOPMENT
MapTool Home...: C:\Users\Con
Max mem avail..: 247M
Max mem used...: 61M

==== Java Information ====
Java Vendor.: Oracle Corporation
Java Home...: D:\Programme\Java\jre7
Java Version: 1.7.0_09
............: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_09-b05)
............: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 23.5-b02, mixed mode, sharing)

==== OS Information ====
OS Name........: Windows Vista
OS Version.....: 6.0
OS Architecture: x86
Processor......: x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6, GenuineIntel
PATH...........: null
Number of Procs: 2

==== User Information ====
User Name: Con
User Home: C:\Users\Con
User Dir.: D:\testing\MapTool_Dev (sbbi-upnp library)

==== Network Interfaces ====
Display Name..: Software Loopback Interface 1
Interface Name: lo
Address...: 127.0.0.1
Address...: 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1

Display Name..: Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN
Interface Name: net3
Address...: 192.168.2.102
Address...: fe80:0:0:0:605a:380:1bea:aa71%11

Host Address...: 192.168.2.102
Default Gateway: 192.168.2.1

==== Locale Information ====
Country.: Deutschland
Language: Deutsch
Locale..: Deutsch (Deutschland)
Variant.:

==== Display Information ====
Number of Displays: 1
Display 1: 1280x800(32)

==== Internet Gateway Devices ====
Device Name.: DSL-EasyBox 803A1rc9DY8N
Model Name..: ARV752DPW
Manufacturer: Arcadyan, Inc.
Model Number: 30.05.216
Model Desc..: ADSL IAD Router with UPnP support
Firmware....: DSL-EasyBox-803/2.0 UPnP/1.0 UPnP-Device-Host/1.0
External IP.: 88.74.26.16[/spoiler]

edit: I'll test the undo/redo thing later.

wolph42
Deity

Post by wolph42 »

upnp tested: works.
getImage() tested: works as you described (returns first found and "" when none)
json.fromList(): also now works as it should (not sure I mentioned this before but it works correctly in this test version).

wolph42
Deity

Post by wolph42 »

hmm, just tested 'initialize pads' from the 'bag of tricks' drop-in and I got an error. Located it in the following line:
removed tekst and replaced with easier example, see below

EDIT:

an easier example: from the WIKI:
The following line works in b87 and NOT in DEV. You can simply copy paste the line straight into the chatbox and execute

Code: Select all

[r: name = replace("wolph 5","(.*?) [0-9]+","\$1 42")] 

In this case the error is also a bit longer in the dev:
[spoiler]
2012-12-18 15:11:24,240 [client.MapToolLineParser:1271] DEBUG - name = replace("wolph 5","(.*?) [0-9]+","\ 42")
2012-12-18 15:11:24,241 [client.MapToolLineParser:1289] DEBUG - java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: No group 1
2012-12-18 15:11:24,241 [client.MapToolLineParser:1234] INFO - [r: name = replace("wolph 5","(.*?) [0-9]+","\ 42")]
net.rptools.parser.ParserException: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: No group 1 error executing expression name = replace("wolph 5","(.*?) [0-9]+","\ 42").
at net.rptools.maptool.client.MapToolLineParser.parseExpression(MapToolLineParser.java:1290)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.MapToolLineParser.parseLine(MapToolLineParser.java:1129)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.MapToolLineParser.parseLine(MapToolLineParser.java:607)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.macro.MacroManager.executeMacro(MacroManager.java:213)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.commandpanel.CommandPanel.commitCommand(CommandPanel.java:494)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.commandpanel.CommandPanel.commitCommand(CommandPanel.java:433)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.AppActionsexecute(AppActions.java:1354)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.AppActions$ClientAction.actionPerformed(AppActions.java:2746)
at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.notifyAction(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBinding(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBindings(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueuerun(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomaindoIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:38)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
[/spoiler]

edit2: I also tried running it in j6 but got the following error:
[spoiler]
Untitled picture.png
Untitled picture.png (47.54 KiB) Viewed 945 times
[/spoiler]
edit3: tested b87 in j6 and j7: no issues so its in the dev.

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

It was caused by tiorthan's patch for the parser library to fix the $ issue. There might have been behavioral changes triggered downstream due to it. I reverted back to the older parser library and it is working fine now. The upload should be done in a few minutes. I'll drop him a note to see if he can address this for us.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, all the dev builds on this thread run exclusively on Java 7 because of the changes to the FTP related classes that are in turn, rooted on a specification that has diverged from what it was in Java 6.

tiorthan
Cave Troll

Post by tiorthan »

Noted. I'll take a look at it tomorrow evening. I may not have time to fix it before the 26th though.

Sol Invictus
Cave Troll

Post by Sol Invictus »

Sol Invictus wrote:edit: I'll test the undo/redo thing later.

So I found that undoing and redoing seems to work fine, also when switching maps in between. Clear all drawings as well, though I didn't connect with a second instance of MT to see the behaviour for other GMs or players.

The undo queue seems to be roughly 100 actions long - or at least undoing beyond this many actions won't work. I guess that is intentionally - who would ever need that many "undos"?

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

edited:

thanks Sol. IIRC, it's set to 100 under the hood. I could probably set it to infinity and just let it blow up on the user if it exceeds what MT can handle. When you reach 100, did the undo/redo misbehave? Or was/were the action(s) disabled after hitting the limit? You can find out of its disabled by checking the Edit menu if the action is grayed out.

@wolph/others: is the fix for the "invisible" tokens on load working? You know, the one where people had to zoom or move the map in order for them to appear?

Sol Invictus
Cave Troll

Post by Sol Invictus »

Lee wrote:When you reach 100, did the undo/redo misbehave? Or was/were the action(s) disabled after hitting the limit?

No misbehaviour at all. The "Undo" menu option is indeed grayed out after 100 undos. As is "Redo" after performing all redos.
There is of course a lag when you un- or redo a lot of drawings very quickly, but that is to be expected and it only takes seconds to un- or redo the whole 100 drawings.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Juat stopping by to thank everyone for testing these unofficial builds. :)

I've committed a few patches to SVN (at rev 5886), still have quite a few to go through. The dollar sign fix won't go in as-is -- it's a sledgehammer fix. :| It causes all dollar signs to be taken literally which means use of the dollar sign in places where it is appropriate will no longer work. I recommend documenting the issue(s) in the wiki instead of a code change.

I'm going to shelve the ftp issue for the near term; I think replacing the undocumented and unsupported sun.net.ftp package with the Apache Commons Net package makes more sense and we already use a lot of the Apache Commons stuff -- it may already be in there!

I'll continue to apply and commit over the next few days. If someone with wiki access would look at the patches and update the documentation to correspond that would be most excellent! The only one that comes to mind right away is the change to allow color names to be externalized and there may be no wiki references that need updating (although something in the macro section that says, "Color names are localized" might be a good idea).

I will try (stress on that word!) to review the "pages recently changed" in the wiki after I'm done with this batch of patches and see if any details are needed in the docs.

I'll post later (probably in the Testing forum) about the patches I have remaining and why they haven't been committed yet. My 'net connection is lousy right now though, so it may not be until Friday.

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

The Apache library seems to check out fine, causing no compile problems in either Java 6 or 7. I don't have any use cases to run, so I'm not sure if things are working as they should. So, if anyone can run some repository tests to see if FTP breaks, please do so.

Apparently, there was also one or two rplib patches that had a Java 7 dependency, or at least conflicts with Java 6u38. IDK which, I didn't bother to look. What I did was to compile the original from the repo and now it works. So we now have J6 and J7 compatibility.

Edit:
Upload completed, with one caveat. Java 7 update 10 introduces a new bug regarding wildcards. It's annoying because all references/strings relying on wildcards (e.g. MapToolLauncher and the batch file) ceases to function as Java now reads them literally. So, for now, please refrain from renaming the executable jar to anything else; these values are hard coded as a workaround to the bug. I'm probably the first to encounter this bug and I have dropped a bug report at Oracle.

Edit # 2:
NVM testing FTP.
Last edited by Lee on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “MapTool”