MapTools won't open after I press OK in the launcher.

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: MapTools won't open after I press OK in the launcher.

Post by aliasmask »

512k stack is 1/2 1M. There could be a stack limit to the value entered, so any value above X wouldn't matter.

My recommendation is to either remove java 6 and re-install the 64bit version or upgrade to 1.4, remove all other versions of java and install the latest 64bit version of java 8 (only done through a manual download).

femanon
Cave Troll

Post by femanon »

aliasmask wrote:512k stack is 1/2 1M. There could be a stack limit to the value entered, so any value above X wouldn't matter.

My recommendation is to either remove java 6 and re-install the 64bit version or upgrade to 1.4, remove all other versions of java and install the latest 64bit version of java 8 (only done through a manual download).
unless 512 auto moves to k instead of m, i'm pretty sure it was m. either way though, i reinstalled java 6 for JRE for 64 bit operating systems.

It did not fix the problem.

femanon
Cave Troll

Post by femanon »

while maptools 1.4 works, the DM runs the games on 87b, whatever it is, it seems to be something to do with java not being located by MT, I'm going to drop my config just incase theres a mistake there

MAXMEM=2048
MINMEM=64
STACKSIZE=5
JVM=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw
PROMPT=true

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Well, if you want you can connect using google hangout and share your screen and I can walk you through various things. It's easier to help if I can see what is going on. Testing goes faster as well.

Hangout: https://hangouts.google.com/call/x2p6a5 ... tjfi6an7ya

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

As a follow up for those reading along. He had a corrupted download of MapTool b87 and installing it in to a new folder and setting up the mt.cfg file with the path to java 6 fixed the problem.

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

64 bit Windows does not mean 64 bit Java. If you just go to java.com and hit the Download and Install button, you get 32 bit Java. You have to go to the "Not the right operating system? See all Java downloads." link at the bottom to get 64 bit Java.

Return to “MapTool”