[Cyberpunk 2020] Interest Check in a Framework

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: [Cyberpunk 2020] Interest Check in a Framework

Post by aliasmask »

Cherno wrote:I think I'm gonna make some icon graphics for data fortresses and maybe some other netrunning stuff... Currently thinking about making them in the slick chrome style from my Shadowrun project or more like 80s computers with simple white or green on black pixelated "graphics"... I sense need for a lot of tinkering and comparison shots!

In the meantime, here's some stuff I quickly threw together in case I ever need a CP2020 font.

My favourite is the second one with the heavy pixelation, reminds me of early 90s Amiga games :)
Spoiler
Can you list/link/share those fonts. In the meantime, I'm experimenting with these fonts: http://www.fontspace.com/the-fontry/jls-data-gothic

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

All fonts are from http://www.1001freefonts.com/

I made a picture showing all the fonts I have collected so far, but of course there are a lot more that could be interesting on the website^^
Spoiler

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

Here are some street tiles I made
Spoiler

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

Cherno wrote:Here are some street tiles I made
Very nice, that was definitely something missing. There are lots of fantasy tiles, but not much modern/scifi.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

booga wrote:
Cherno wrote:Here are some street tiles I made
Very nice, that was definitely something missing. There are lots of fantasy tiles, but not much modern/scifi.
+1

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

As a suggestion : it would be cool to have tiles with lane separations in them, so we can build a highway section, or streets with multiple lanes. Concrete lane separators could be handy too, or concrete road blocks.

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

Yes, the tiles are designed with lane markings in mind. However, since the asphalt texture is procedurally generated, I'll add those in photoshop as post-processing :)
Good idea about the concrete roadblocks, I'll work on these.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Those look nice. My only suggestion so you don't have to make 4 different versions of the same tile is to have an even drop shadow so that one edge doesn't get more shadow than the another.

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

Yup, that's another thing that needs to be considered. I envision it as follows: Complete maps will be fully rendered with shadows, but the single tiles will have light from directly above so they can be turned any way without anything looking off (one thing I don't like about the WotC tiles). It won't looks as nice of course ;)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Here's a matrix-ish seamless tile pattern I made. I'm not sure what I'll use it for, if anything, but I felt inspired. These will also be likely the data lines used for some flare.
||| IMAGES |||
Matrix-ish.png
Matrix-ish.png (319.27 KiB) Viewed 6700 times
data lines.png
data lines.png (117.71 KiB) Viewed 6700 times

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

What kind of flare?!?

Anyway, Sparkys's Bar.

Looks like s**t with vertical lighting :(
Spoiler

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Just menu flare. The Bar sign looks good. I would maybe add a darker green edge or highlight to it or maybe make it more translucent.

I just thought of something I do need and that is generic tokens for each of the archetypes: Rockerboy, Solo, Netrunner, Techie, Media, Cop, Corporate, Fixer and Nomad. I may just use the BW art from CP2020 and colorize it and add a little depth. Tokens need to be square. I usually do 400x400. I may remove the signature and re-add it in neon at the same point in square for each token.

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

Good idea about the class sample tokens. I like b&w art, maybe the various sourcebook covers can provide some coloured portraits too.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Yeah, now that I see how much work it'll be, I like BW too. I did gloss it up a bit.
||| IMAGE |||

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

After a quick browse through my collection I have assembled a few images plus some bonus stuff (AV, Power Armour, CyberBullyReferee and WimpPlayer.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage

Also, the original Cyberpunk 2020 logo ripped straight from the cover and cleaned up.

Return to “MapTool”