Maptools slows down to a crawl

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Idward
Kobold

Maptools slows down to a crawl

Post by Idward »

I have no idea why this is happening, but for one game maptools slows down to a crawl, this is only happening with my Wednesday group (I run two a Wednesday and a Friday). I have never had this issue before with any other games I run, in addition I have had to recreate the campaign files a few times due to some sort of corruption. I can send someone the two .cmpgn files.

slow (Carrion Crown - Broken Moon)
corrupt (Carrion Crown - Trial of the Beast)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Maptools slows down to a crawl

Post by aliasmask »

It's probably related to the FOW. On a PC token try hitting ctrl-I and see if that helps.

Idward
Kobold

Post by Idward »

Let me clean this up.

Alright that is weird, this seems to have worked for all but one of the player's tokens. For that player's token as soon as I drop it onto the map, all of maptools slows down a crawl when I remove it it works without issue. On other maps I am do not have a problem with the token, but these are overview maps of the area, not the smaller dungeon maps.

I exported all of the character tokes and it isn't the largest file.

Idward
Kobold

Post by Idward »

Yep, that did it. Thanks!

Just out of curiosity why did that fix it?

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

This seems to be a problem that people run into when using individual FoW. If you turn that off you should avoid the issue.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “MapTool”