Maptool WIKI Error

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
wolph42
Winter Wolph

Maptool WIKI Error

Post by wolph42 »

Not sure if anyone will be reading this (who can actually do something about it). But recently I noticed that I can no longer update the wiki.

usrname wolph42. Tried to edit (click on edit button): Wiki: json.evaluate()

and got:
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "DatabaseBase::select". Database returned error "1146: Table 'lmwcscom_mwwikidb2.mtd_editwarning_locks' doesn't exist (localhost)".
tried multiple browsers and other wiki entries as well. Same error in every case!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Maptool WIKI Error

Post by aliasmask »

Yep, I get the same error.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Does anyone know of a free wiki service that the MT wiki could be moved to?

The community lost gallery access without warning which was bad enough... but I think losing the wiki would be pretty catastrophic.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

JML
Dragon

Post by JML »

Does someone know who's in charge of the wiki's maintenance ?

JML
Dragon

Post by JML »

:(

The historical team seems to have vanished this winter. They did a really great job, but we're obviously in dire need of a new core team :( :( :(

It's been a looooong time since we didn't hear of Azhrei. I hope he's not in serious RL trouble.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

JML wrote:It's been a looooong time since we didn't hear of Azhrei. I hope he's not in serious RL trouble.
+1. I checked his activity, the last time he logged in here was 28th last month. So roughly 3 weeks ago.

JML
Dragon

Post by JML »

wolph42 wrote:
JML wrote:It's been a looooong time since we didn't hear of Azhrei. I hope he's not in serious RL trouble.
+1. I checked his activity, the last time he logged in here was 28th last month. So roughly 3 weeks ago.
In fact it's the 28th of February, so nearly two months by now and why I'm a little worried :?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Thanks for the worry, guys. ;)

As you might have guessed, things have been ridiculously busy. The details involve surgery, physical therapy, rehab, and lots of other stuff (not me, but other family members). It's been a busy winter. :(

I'm thrilled to see the Kickstarter announcement for MOTE. Where can I get the software!? 8)

The rptools.net domain has been going through some issues of its own. I'm going to move our DNS from pairNIC to hostgator (the people that are hosting the site currently) in the next few weeks.

I don't have anything to do with administration of the wiki, but I agree that a LOT of information will be lost if it can't be recovered from there. I'll ping Craig and ask him to check this thread (I presume others have done that, but I'll do it anyway). He has some of the MT 2.0 stuff up at github so maybe that's the best place for the wiki as well? I've started a wiki page but I haven't checked the docs to see if it uses the same syntax as MediaWiki. If it does, we would need to copy/paste every page over or get Craig to somehow do a dump of the full site and figure out a way to get that into github.

I was just thinking about the MT2.0 project a couple weeks ago and started playing around with SceneBuilder to build some of the dialogs. Mostly just proof-of-concept stuff to make sure it was going to integrate well. A couple hours spent didn't produce much, but then I am fairly new to the tool...

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Azhrei wrote:Thanks for the worry, guys. ;)

As you might have guessed, things have been ridiculously busy. The details involve surgery, physical therapy, rehab, and lots of other stuff (not me, but other family members). It's been a busy winter. :(

I'm thrilled to see the Kickstarter announcement for MOTE. Where can I get the software!? 8)

The rptools.net domain has been going through some issues of its own. I'm going to move our DNS from pairNIC to hostgator (the people that are hosting the site currently) in the next few weeks.

I don't have anything to do with administration of the wiki, but I agree that a LOT of information will be lost if it can't be recovered from there. I'll ping Craig and ask him to check this thread (I presume others have done that, but I'll do it anyway). He has some of the MT 2.0 stuff up at github so maybe that's the best place for the wiki as well? I've started a wiki page but I haven't checked the docs to see if it uses the same syntax as MediaWiki. If it does, we would need to copy/paste every page over or get Craig to somehow do a dump of the full site and figure out a way to get that into github.

I was just thinking about the MT2.0 project a couple weeks ago and started playing around with SceneBuilder to build some of the dialogs. Mostly just proof-of-concept stuff to make sure it was going to integrate well. A couple hours spent didn't produce much, but then I am fairly new to the tool...
ive already contacted Craig and he already fixed it!

btw: I am very glad to finally here from you again! Good luck with the circumstances!

JML
Dragon

Post by JML »

Azhrei wrote:Thanks for the worry, guys. ;)

Glad to see you back. Sorry to ear about the circumstances, and hopping it's ending well.

Regarding the wiki, you can take a look at this thread: Wiki should be fixed: please test

I'm also happy to know someone's still thinking of 2.0, but sorry not being able to help.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I hope all is well with your family, Azhrei.

Glad this was resolved! Thanks to all involved!
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

clippittee
Kobold

Post by clippittee »

May I please asked on how this was fixed?

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

clippittee wrote:
May I please asked on how this was fixed?
Its stretching my memory a bit -- well a lot. There was a forced upgrade of the media wiki version we are running done by the hosting site, this caused by a plugin we had (I believe it was ConfirmEdit). Unfortunately I was not able to find an update at the time so I just had to disable it.

Return to “MapTool”