Green lines - Draw Tool Problem - b90/91

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
rpotor
Kobold

Re: Green lines - Draw Tool Problem - b90/91

Post by rpotor »

Just coming here to say that I had this problem with Maptool 1.4.0.0 (on Windows 10) and nothing mentioned in this topic helped solve the problem at all. Then I found this topic, downloaded the launcher posted there and finally the green boxes driving me nuts are gone, hopefully for good.
In the beginning, there was nothing.
And God said, LET THERE BE LIGHT.
And there was still nothing, but now you could see it.

goldensword52
Cave Troll

Post by goldensword52 »

Hi all, I think I finally solved this problem! It seems like the issue occurs when somewhere in the MapTool launcher directory is an ampersand (&). So if, like me, you have been keeping your MapTool launcher in your "D&D" folder, try changing it to "DND" instead and the problem should be solved! I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed in the next version of Maptool, but in any case the workaround seems easy enough. I hope this helps!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Thanks for the follow up. I'll keep that in mind if it comes up again.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

goldensword52 wrote:Hi all, I think I finally solved this problem! It seems like the issue occurs when somewhere in the MapTool launcher directory is an ampersand (&). So if, like me, you have been keeping your MapTool launcher in your "D&D" folder, try changing it to "DND" instead and the problem should be solved! I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed in the next version of Maptool, but in any case the workaround seems easy enough. I hope this helps!
I think this can happen if the ampersand is anywhere in the MAPTOOL_DIRECTORY path... not just the launcher folder.

I've noted that earlier users that had this problem had these settings:

Code: Select all

MAPTOOL_DIRECTORY=C:\Users\Nico&Stef\Desktop\maptool-1.3.b91

User Dir.: D:\My Documents\D&D Materials\Maptool-1.3.b90\MTB90-TEST

MapTool launcher in your "D&D" folder  
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

katastrophie83
Kobold

Post by katastrophie83 »

Wow, finally after 5 hours of searching forums and google I happened across this post by accident. I was about ready to step away from MapTool altogether, so happy my problem is solved.

Return to “MapTool”