Wiki content gone?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Wiki content gone?

Post by aliasmask »

Strangely the only wiki entry I found was Wiki: macroLink(). Hopefully the site wasn't hacked and there is a back up.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I'm thinking some of the source code that displays it is the problem. You can view the source code and it seems to be there and is just not being displayed. So, maybe a template was deleted or changed that is preventing the content from being displayed.

edit: Doing some more digging, the one functions that seem to be working are the ones under

Code: Select all

[[Category:Miscellaneous Function]]
So, could be related to the category rather than the template.

edit: I have no idea what is going on. I logged in to the wiki and went to a page that showed content and without changing anything I tried to view preview and it showed no content.

The last line in the macro template is:

Code: Select all

<includeonly>[[Category:Macro Function]]__NOEDITSECTION__</includeonly><noinclude>[[Category:Templates]]
<noinclude> is left open ?!? with no closing tag? Maybe the wiki code changed where this is required? But that doesn't explain right away why a couple of pages do work. I did message Craig to let him know about the wiki.

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

It appears that the provider has upgraded or applied a patch to PHP and so now the version of media wiki does not function correctly with the version of PHP that is running (no warning that they were planning to do so).
At the moment if you view the wiki you will see the errors that occur when trying to display a page --which is normally not displayed-- as I have turned on the functionality to show them, hopefully no one panics when they see them
So I have to upgrade mediawiki which means upgrading all the plugins -- and loosing a few as we are at the latest version they were maintained for.
But first of course I have to be able to connect to a shell but its timing out so it may all take a while.

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Ok Wiki is back up with latest version of the software.
One of the things that doesn't currently work with the new version is the old theme that we had so I have disabled it.
The syntax highlighting also looks a bit different, if it annoys enough people I can see what I can do to change that.
I checked out a lot of the information on the site and it appears to all be fine, let me know if you run across anything that appears to be odd.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Craig wrote:Ok Wiki is back up with latest version of the software.
One of the things that doesn't currently work with the new version is the old theme that we had so I have disabled it.
The syntax highlighting also looks a bit different, if it annoys enough people I can see what I can do to change that.
I checked out a lot of the information on the site and it appears to all be fine, let me know if you run across anything that appears to be odd.
great, thanks!
had a short look and the mtscript looks a bit funky but not overly annoying. I'll let you know if there's something to report.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Craig wrote:Ok Wiki is back up with latest version of the software.
THANK YOU!

Return to “MapTool”