Dim light ring is glitchy for networked players after switching between day and night

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
matejdro
Kobold

Dim light ring is glitchy for networked players after switching between day and night

Post by matejdro »

Let's say I have a map that goes from night to day (and vice versa) mid-session. This appears pretty glitchy in the MapTool at the moment. For example doing following steps:

1. Open MapTool with everything default (After all preferences reset)
2. Start Server
3. Connect another MapTool to this server as PC
4. Enable Fog of War
5. Enable Day Vision
6. Add token to the map (Token A)
7. Add normal sight to that token
8. Mark token as PC
9. Expose visible area for that token (Ctrl + I)
10. Switch vision to Night
11. Give token D20 Lamp light source
12. Networked player should at this moment see this token normally, with circle of lighting around
13. Switch vision to Day
14. BUG A: On the networked client, whole map will light up, except the part where dim light used to be. There is now dim ring around this token, until token is moved (see attached screenshot).
15. Move token around to fix the glitch
16. Switch vision to Night
17. Bug B: Dim ring will not be visible at all (whole area will be bright light without dim ring). Again, moving the token fixes it.

This also happens with Jamz's fork. My current workaround for this is to make token with light source that covers entire map instead of switching to day mode and then toggling visibility of that token.
Attachments
dim light.png
dim light.png (378.89 KiB) Viewed 799 times

Return to “MapTool”