Initiative only visible to the person who rolled it

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Tinalles
Kobold

Initiative only visible to the person who rolled it

Post by Tinalles »

I've got an initiative macro that looks like this:

Code: Select all

[h: Roll = d20]
[h: addToInitiative()]
[h: InitRoll = Roll + 6]
[h: setInitiative(InitRoll)]
[h: sortInitiative()]
<table border='0' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' style='width:200px'>
<tr bgcolor='blue'>
 <td><span style='color:white'><b>Initiative</b></span></td>
</tr>
<tr><td>[r: InitRoll]</td></tr>
</table>
If I click the Initiative button for a token, I see the result in the chat, and the token appears in the Initiative panel. BUT, it doesn't appear in anyone else's Initiative panel. My players can see the roll in chat, but their Initiative panels remain blank.

The same thing happens when a player tries. They click the button, a roll appears in chat, and they can see it on their own Initiative panel, but it never shows up in anyone else's.

It seems to affect both PCs and NPCs. I usually play with "Hide NPCs" disabled anyway, as I don't mind my players knowing the turn order.

I'm on version 1.4.5.2 of the Nerps variant. Is there a bug in my code? A misconfiguration somewhere? Any suggestions would be welcome, as it's pretty annoying. Thanks.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Re: Initiative only visible to the person who rolled it

Post by Jagged »

I have not seen anything like that with the standard build, but I seem to remember Jamz saying something about having an additional server setting related to sync'ing Initiative, but I might be wrong.

Probably worth PM'ing Jamz

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Look at Edit -> Preferences -> Application -> Initiative Defaults -> Enable Initiative Panel Server Sync

Tinalles
Kobold

Post by Tinalles »

Ah ha! That did the trick. Once I ticked "Enable Initiative Panel Server Sync" and restarted Maptool, it started working.

Thanks!

I'm a little puzzled that this is a configurable option. Under what circumstances would it be beneficial to have an initiative list that's out of sync?

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

Tinalles wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:16 am
I'm a little puzzled that this is a configurable option. Under what circumstances would it be beneficial to have an initiative list that's out of sync?
The first thing that comes to mind is when you don't want players to know how many NPCs there are on the other side.

Tinalles
Kobold

Post by Tinalles »

That's what the "Hide NPCs" option in the Initiative settings is for, surely?

Return to “MapTool”