Statsheet Not Appearing

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
ziltmilt
Dragon

Statsheet Not Appearing

Post by ziltmilt »

This is an oddball problem. I'm using v1.4.0.5 and have been for many months now, with no problem. I will create & modify a .cmpgn file on my desktop, then use a Windows PC laptop for actual play.

On my desktop, the statsheets pop right up when I mouseover a token. However, today, the statsheet doesn't appear on my laptop when viewing the exact same file. Any idea why this would be the case? I've made no changes in configuration. I also downloaded the latest file, as an EXE, and I'm having the same problem.

Thanks in advance!

ziltmilt
Dragon

Re: Statsheet Not Appearing

Post by ziltmilt »

And, yes, I do have the option checked in Preferences, for a statsheet to appear on mouseover.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Make sure the token type is correct. For example, copying tokens a certain way to a map may change the token type to basic. I don't recall how I did this in the past, but I remember it happening and needed to change the type back.

If that's not the issue, then make sure the token type short code is valid for you. ie @ is for owner only (your name is checked on token), # is gm only and * is everyone.

ziltmilt
Dragon

Post by ziltmilt »

But alias, I don't understand why it the statsheet appeared just fine on one machine but not another. Any insight there? I was GM Role in both cases, and there was no change in the token setups between using one machine vs the other.

Just checked the laptop again (after installing some Windows updates) and statsheet appears just fine now. Maybe it's just a Windows glitch?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Who knows?

Return to “MapTool”