Hover Stat Block issue

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Doctor Thantos
Cave Troll

Hover Stat Block issue

Post by Doctor Thantos »

I have this issue where some tokens have stat blocks that go off the page, as if the text was justified to the left. In many cases the text could fit in a smaller area if it was left justified. Is there a way to fix this?

None of my players have this issue, just me. I have cleared the cache, I deleted my old maptools folders and uninstalled the 1.5.4 and then installed 1.5.5 but it is still there.

Any ideas? Attached a screenshot of the issue.
Attachments
Maptools stat block hover issue.PNG
Maptools stat block hover issue.PNG (6.48 MiB) Viewed 6131 times

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Hover Stat Block issue

Post by aliasmask »

I recall seeing this issue on the discord channel. It's a java and high dpi issue. Here's a workaround: https://www.rptools.net/2019/03/windows ... kes-again/

Doctor Thantos
Cave Troll

Post by Doctor Thantos »

That totally fixed it! Thank you very much!

wyrmwood_lives
Cave Troll

Post by wyrmwood_lives »

Just fair warning. I tried the "fix" as detailed here,
https://www.rptools.net/2019/03/windows ... kes-again/
But one, it doesn't look any better and two, if I move a maptool window from one monitor to another, it crashes my computer with a blue screen. Something about an unknown kernel trap.

I have three monitors, two are 1080p and one is 4k. If I only change the High DPI scaling property in the compatibility settings, and leave the Program DPI at the default, I do not always get the crash, but the window still looks terrible on the 4k monitor. I've tried setting the 4k monitor to native resolution and no scaling, but at that point, I cannot read it as the font is just too tiny. What kind of works is setting the 4k monitor to 1920 x 1080 (100% scaling). Then at least I can read the text and it's not blurry, but it is not ideal.

However...
I have found a method that works with my high DPI monitor in full resolution with 200% scaled mode, as well as with my 1080p monitors, and allows me to swap windows around without issue.

If I remove the compatibility settings from Maptool (uncheck both boxes in the high DPI settings dialog),
and then in Settings->System->Display, select my 4k monitor and check "Make this my main display".
Reboot.

Now when I open maptool it automatically starts on my 4k monitor and looks great. If I move the window to another monitor, it still looks great. No blue screen either.

Return to “MapTool”