Map limit

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Map limit

Post by Full Bleed »

krevett wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:27 am
Indeed i've had new versions memory usage sometimes going up by just scrolling the map, and twice the maptools instance closed with no message (I'm using it for play by post to make screenshots and maptools is open almost all day in the background) not gamebreaking for me but maybe for other people.

Edit2: installed 1.5.6 just for testing and indeed memory usage is 300Mb lower when loading the same campaign without touching anything. Even an empty map takes twice in new versions (240 vs 130 for an empty map)

Edit: i'm on 1.5.8rc2
Not sure if this accounts for everything, but default stack in 1.5.8 has been increased to 8. For people using 1G memory profiles that could be a substantial memory jump from what it was before. Try giving MT a MaxMem of half of your system memory. 1G is very low.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

krevett
Cave Troll

Post by krevett »

Well my memory settings are not the default 6m stack size min-max 1g-4g for a 16gb system. And i've done my test with the same memory settings on both...

Braelen
Kobold

Post by Braelen »

Thanks for all the info guys. I don't seem to be having any problems using 1.5.6 so I am going to stick with it for a while as I have lots of work to do setting up my campaigns and don't have the time to swop back and test out if it works. Maybe in a week or two I will have more time.

Return to “MapTool”