Sound spacing.

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Full Bleed
Demigod

Sound spacing.

Post by Full Bleed »

So as I implement sounds I'm running into some timing issues.

For example, to have an attack chain go something like this:

Dice roll sound > hit/miss sound > result sound
they all trigger one after the other and it seems like I'll need to edit the audio files to add padding or play an empty audio file between them.

Is there an easier way to do this?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Merudo
Giant

Re: Sound spacing.

Post by Merudo »

There's a discussion here on how to add delays to macros: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?t=21575

There have been talks of letting the delay parameter of `execLink` and `execFunction` be an integer representing a wait time, but nothing has been implemented yet.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Merudo wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:17 pm
There's a discussion here on how to add delays to macros: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?t=21575
Wolph's delay function helps...
There have been talks of letting the delay parameter of `execLink` and `execFunction` be an integer representing a wait time, but nothing has been implemented yet.
What about having a delay inside the playStream/Clip?

Would love to have a fade-in/out there, too.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Wiki: stopSound() has fade out.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Phergus wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:06 pm
Wiki: stopSound() has fade out.
That doesn't help to fade in and out of something like a clip/splice of a song. You have to actively be listening to something and then stopSound at a particular point to get the fade out. Glad that's available, but that kind of active micro-management of sounds isn't what I'm focused on implementing in my framework.

playStream allows us to set up playing a splice of a larger sound file which is really nice when you want to add some flavor (like in a football game)... but it can be really jarring when you can't fade in and out of said splices.

Merudo
Giant

Post by Merudo »

I think it would be desirable to add "fade in", fade out", and "delay" parameters to playStream.

JoeDuncan
Giant

Post by JoeDuncan »

Full Bleed wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:07 pm
So as I implement sounds I'm running into some timing issues.

For example, to have an attack chain go something like this:

Dice roll sound > hit/miss sound > result sound
they all trigger one after the other and it seems like I'll need to edit the audio files to add padding or play an empty audio file between them.

Is there an easier way to do this?
LOL - been going through recent old threads (trying not to truly necro anything!) seeing if anyone has issues JUH can address, and I saw the post and was like "I CAN DO THAT FOR YOU!!!" - and then I realized it was you and you already know all about JUH :P

I'll post the relevant video tutorials anyways, for others scouring the forums for answers:

JUH Intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjv6eXpKZU8

True Timers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_w7VqpxOLQ

Cheers!
"Joe's Ugly Hacks - Get 'em while their hot! Guaranteed ugliest hacks around or your money back!"

Return to “MapTool”