I have no Sound at any version

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: Azhrei, dorpond, trevor

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Darelius
Cave Troll

I have no Sound at any version

Post by Darelius »

Hallo, i have a "small" Problem:
Normally, when someone writes something in thec chat, a small sound appears.

I have different Versions of Maptool, but all have the same, they dont play the sound!

System: Windows 7 64 Bit

I tried following, all with NO effect:
1. Checked on prefenrences "Sound" - they are activated (changing have no effect)
2. Main Windows Sound bar and button - all normal - changing has no effect.
3. Windows Sound - oh - No Maptool appears here...

So, any ideas?
I even hear the sound of some of my buddies, when someone chat and they have speakers and table microphone, but i have no sound *sniff* why? ;)

Last possible "Source" of Problem but no solution
Once i hab speakers and an USB Headset. Speakers are now gone but even on "standard" settings on windows sound, i have no maptool sound at all :(

...DX

Phergus
Deity

Re: I have no Sound at any version

Post by Phergus »

You might check the Sound Mixer window. Make sure MT shows up there. And that you see the graph bump when sounds plays
Screenshot 2020-04-13 05.50.37.png
Screenshot 2020-04-13 05.50.37.png (34.83 KiB) Viewed 270 times
Assuming v1.5.14 try running this macro and check the mixer:

Code: Select all

[playStream("https://ia800300.us.archive.org/29/items/Muzyka-CC/Aleksand_Sjakin_-_Flight_in_space.mp3", 1, 0.8)]

Darelius
Cave Troll

Post by Darelius »

With
3. Windows Sound - oh - No Maptool appears here...
I meant that ;)
There is no Maptools in the sound mixer, thats the weird thing...

...DX

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

It only shows up if it is playing sound AFAIK, that's why I posted the macro. So that you could force playback and then look.

Darelius
Cave Troll

Post by Darelius »

Problem solved:

Deleted Avira Antivir and replaced with another virus scanner - and my maptool finally works totally again - even with sound!!

...DX

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Darelius wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:56 pm
Deleted Avira Antivir and replaced with another virus scanner - and my maptool finally works totally again - even with sound!!
Good that you got it and weird that an antivirus stopped audio playback.

Darelius
Cave Troll

Post by Darelius »

Phergus wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:30 am
Darelius wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:56 pm
Good that you got it and weird that an antivirus stopped audio playback.
I have to say, there was i time i had Avira Premium and it worked perfect - but that is a long time ago.

This day Avira Free is only Malware - after deletinig, my PC was faster - i made tests and after reinstalled Avira, it was about 10% slower in all tests so far...
And - thje worst - Avira installs 6 other programs without option not to install them but none works without paying for premium, but take about 600MB RAM for all the programs standard all working in backgroud etc..

So i kicked Avira and now i try Kaspersky free version - looks like i will take the premium of that, because it wont slow down the PC and it works ;)

Today i only can say: Avira is the worst freeware scanner on the market in my opinion ;)

Back to topic - problem solved - Avira was the problem, blocked Audio system of Windows, but only for Maptool...

...DX

Return to “MapTool”