Image Table issues

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
xavram
Dragon

Image Table issues

Post by xavram »

This is probably a long shot, but here goes.

I have this puzzle in my game, where the players have to rotate these rings to try to spell out something. Looks like this...

Then I have campaign macros, for each ring, "Rotate Left" and "Rotate Right". Macors look like...

[h : tokenId = findToken("1stRing")]
[h : currentRot = getTokenFacing(tokenId)]
[h : currentRot = currentRot - 45]
[h : setTokenFacing(currentRot, tokenId)]

And then each ring has an image table, that shows the image rotated for every 45 degree increment. Yes, each ring is its own Figure token.

So this works just fine when I test, all the rings rotate in the correct direction, changing the orientation of the letters.

But the players in my game...some of them see the rings just fine. Some see the big red ? for the ring....which appears or disappears depending on the rotation of the ring.

Am I doing something wrong? Why is that as the DM, I can see the image changing just fine but for some players it works and for others it doesn't.

Its an online game, so was really hoping this would be a fun, interactive puzzle for the players...now its just a semi-disaster!

xavram
Dragon

Re: Image Table issues

Post by xavram »

oh, the image tables are set up like so...

-180 - -158
-157 - -113
-112- -59
-68 - -23
-22 - 22
23 - 68
69 - 112
113 - 157
158 - 180

Copied this from whoever originally posted how the tables should work...Jagged, maybe?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I suspect if they clear their cache and the restart MT that it may fix itself.

xavram
Dragon

Post by xavram »

ugh, not sure about that as a solution, given that it takes a while to load the campaign/map. We're playing online, not over a LAN, so load times are significant and I'm a bit concerned that next week if that doesn't work, we're right back in the same mess. Shoot...

bubblobill
Giant

Post by bubblobill »

You can try different things to trigger a redraw. Clicking elsewhere, moving the map, zooming, switching maps. Sometimes it helps.
Bubblobill on the forum.
@Reverend on the MapTool Discord Server

Responsible for less atrocities than most... I do accept responsibility for these though: SmartDoors, Simple d20 Framework - barebones, Drop-in: All 3.5 SRD Monsters, Drop in: Simple Character Editor, Battletech Framework

xavram
Dragon

Post by xavram »

Yeah, did all those things, but that's a bit clunky in game, where the players will be freely rotating the the rings back and forth to try to figure out the puzzles.

I simplified things, took the puzzle out of the map itself and just used a "normal" image, where they set the facing with the buttons. No image tables, so I think this will work...it just won't look as cool/immersive.

Return to “MapTool”