Terrain Modifiers...how to use them

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
xavram
Dragon

Terrain Modifiers...how to use them

Post by xavram »

I dropped an image onto my map and set its terrain modifier for "Block". But tokens move right over it without issue. Is there some special way these have to be set up, different layer, something else?

bubblobill
Giant

Re: Terrain Modifiers...how to use them

Post by bubblobill »

Wiki says:

Terrain Modifier
... Note that tokens or objects must not be set to Free Size for the terrain modifier to apply to all grid cells it covers.

Ignore Terrain
Tokens can be set to ignore zero or more Terrain Modifier Types (Ctrl-Click for multi-select).

Is the blocking token free-size or have the other tokens been set to ignore terrain?
Bubblobill on the forum.
@Reverend on the MapTool Discord Server

Responsible for less atrocities than most... I do accept responsibility for these though: SmartDoors, Simple d20 Framework - barebones, Drop-in: All 3.5 SRD Monsters, Drop in: Simple Character Editor, Battletech Framework

xavram
Dragon

Post by xavram »

I'm betting it was free size, I will double check...thank you!

infocyte
Kobold

Post by infocyte »

Sorry to necro, but I'm having this same problem. I have an item on the object layer set to free size, and no terrain modifiers seem to impact token movement across it at all. I've tried multiply with values of 2 and 10000, and I've tried setting the object to blocking. Any advice?

infocyte
Kobold

Post by infocyte »

oh geez, I can't read. Must *not* be set to free-size. I've got it.

Return to “MapTool”