Switching from outside app to macro window buggy

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
notbono
Cave Troll

Switching from outside app to macro window buggy

Post by notbono »

Version 1.7.0

I find sometimes when switching from notepad++ to a macro window, that focus is not immediately recognized by the macro window, and that sometimes if I'm trying something like a delete or cut in the macro code, it will affect the lib token instead. Has anyone else noticed this? I just had to reload my campaign from backup because I deleted my lib token (and there's no real way to undelete a token.)

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Switching from outside app to macro window buggy

Post by Full Bleed »

notbono wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:26 am
Version 1.7.0

I find sometimes when switching from notepad++ to a macro window, that focus is not immediately recognized by the macro window, and that sometimes if I'm trying something like a delete or cut in the macro code, it will affect the lib token instead. Has anyone else noticed this? I just had to reload my campaign from backup because I deleted my lib token (and there's no real way to undelete a token.)
@ accidental token deletion: You should make sure that "Warn When Tokens are Deleted" is checked in Preferences>Interactions>Tokens.

I've noticed some issues as well though. I think it has to do with how MT adds focus to its macro editor. When copying from Notepad++ and then pasting into the MT Macro Editor you have to double click to get focus back into the window. A single click seems like the window is in focus (there is a perceptible "flicker" of the window and a highlight can show), but it's not. I end up accidentally duplicating tokens behind the editor or popping open a "Save Campaign" window when I switch back to MT from Notepad++ and use Ctrl-A (to select all) and overwrite the contents of a macro.

It seems like if you have the Macro Editor frame open it should have primary focus when switching from other applications. It currently does not.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

notbono
Cave Troll

Re: Switching from outside app to macro window buggy

Post by notbono »

You should make sure that "Warn When Tokens are Deleted" is checked in Preferences>Interactions>Tokens.
Good point. Normally I do, but during a previous session was testing a macro that copied a lot of tokens, and shut it off for convenience, then forgot to turn it back on.

Recent changes have made the macro window non-modal, which overall has been good, except for this focus oddity.

Return to “MapTool”