Help needed with unexpected error

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
icecreamjay
Kobold

Help needed with unexpected error

Post by icecreamjay »

Hello, I have been using and running Maptool 1.7.0 for months, but starting today I when I try to open Maptool I get the following "warning /An unexpected error has occurred":

java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.rptools.lib.FileUtil.delete(FileUtil.java:468)
at net.rptools.lib.FileUtil.delete(FileUtil.java:470)
at net.rptools.lib.FileUtil.delete(FileUtil.java:470)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.MapTool.initialize(MapTool.java:669)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.MapTool.access$400(MapTool.java:116)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.MapTool$7.run(MapTool.java:1788)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:313)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:770)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.access$600(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:721)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:715)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:87)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:740)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:58)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)

I am on an older pc running windows 7, but I have been using maptools all along, no problem until tonight. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Help needed with unexpected error

Post by Full Bleed »

I'm not sure what this problem is.

It's only been reported once before on a different version of MT [1.4.1.8] and the solution was never reported by the OP : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27676

Only thing I can glean from these two reports is that it's probably not OS related (the other post was on Win 10 and this report is on Win7.) But something has changed in this install for it to suddenly stop working.

What virus checker are you using?

And if you haven't already, try an uninstall/reinstall of MT.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

icecreamjay
Kobold

Re: Help needed with unexpected error

Post by icecreamjay »

After rebooting, I did a chkdsk and it fixed some errors. Its been fine since then. Thanks

Return to “MapTool”