Restricting access to Select Map?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Hatta00
Kobold

Restricting access to Select Map?

Post by Hatta00 »

Is there a way to restrict access to Select Map? Filenames can be spoilers. I'd like to disable Select Map for players, and Enforce them to maps as needed. Can this be done?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Restricting access to Select Map?

Post by aliasmask »

You can turn off the Player Visible for a Map. You can also call players to a map, even one that is not visible.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Restricting access to Select Map?

Post by Full Bleed »

Hatta00 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:58 pm
Is there a way to restrict access to Select Map? Filenames can be spoilers. I'd like to disable Select Map for players, and Enforce them to maps as needed. Can this be done?
Yeah, this is a problem for how I run my games, too. I wish we could toggle the default Select Map option off.

A workaround, like Alias mentioned, is to set all the maps as "Not Visible to Players" and move players to maps using Tool>Enforce Players to Current Map. You have to live with the "Not Visible to players" warning at the top of the screen when doing this though.

You might want to create a settings lib token (something like "Lib:Settings"). Add the Property "Starting Map" to it. Then, on that token, insert the following code into an onCampaignLoad macro:

Code: Select all

[h: setCurrentMap(StartingMap)]
Now, when your players log into your server they will get sent to the map that you've set in the Starting Map property (whether it's "visible to players" or not.)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “MapTool”