Select token macro doesn't fully select the token

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
xavram
Dragon

Select token macro doesn't fully select the token

Post by xavram »

I have an issue, in an isometric campaign, where tokens can sometimes get lost behind Huge or larger tokens and you can no longer the token that's "behind" the bigger token.

Using the "T" key sometimes works, but sometimes does not.

So I wrote this simple macro, for the players to be able to call from the Campaign window, giving them a list of player tokens to select.

Code: Select all

[h : players = getPCNames()]
[h : inputStr = input("selected|"+players+"|Select which player token|RADIO|VALUE=STRING")]
[h : abort(inputStr)]

[h : selectTokens(selected)]
Pretty straightforward and I can see it working because the character sheet updates based on what token you select.

But...the focus then goes to the chat window, which means if the players try to use the arrow keys to move their tokens (which they would need to do if their token is behind a larger one), you instead get the arrow keys in the chat window, so no token movement happens.

Is there something I can add to this macro so that "selectTokens" does the same thing as clicking on the token with your mouse, so you can then move the token with that arrow keys? Thanks!

taustinoc
Dragon

Re: Select token macro doesn't fully select the token

Post by taustinoc »

Is there a reason you want to do this with a macro instead of with the map explorer, where you can double-click on a token you own to select it and center the map on it?

xavram
Dragon

Post by xavram »

uh, cause I'm an idiot and didn't realize that was an easier option? :)

Lol, thanks! Forest for the trees!

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

That particular feature is a bit obscure. It's bitten quite a few people.

Return to “MapTool”