Vision Glitch - Maptool 1.7.0

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
busterbluth
Cave Troll

Vision Glitch - Maptool 1.7.0

Post by busterbluth »

One of my players accidently moved his token with a light source and Normal vision, into a thick area of vision blocking by accident. His light source exposed an adjacent area. And, I can't erase the exposed FOW area either.

the latter finding surprised me, cause I can erase other exposed areas manually (I'm not using individual FOW). I've attached 2 screenshots. The area in black where the token is resting is entirely covered by solid FOW. I've recreated the problem in these screenshots. Anyone seen this behavior previously? It really surprised me seeing light bleeding through VBL like this. And, then not being able to erase the FOW is aggravating.

I've recreated this problem on this map in another spot, but don't see it happening in other maps in my campaign file. Any pointers as to what's going on with this?
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (112.55 KiB) Viewed 1755 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (131.79 KiB) Viewed 1755 times

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Vision Glitch - Maptool 1.7.0

Post by aliasmask »

You'll have to reset the PC vision with ctrl-shift-o. MT will allow you to drag your token to soft fog area and then it will expose every spot in between.

busterbluth
Cave Troll

Post by busterbluth »

But that's going to reset the FOW for every room on the map. can you please explain what went wrong here so I can avoid this problem in the future? I still don't get why the vision on this token was able to get through solid VBL.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Sometimes it just happens. I find it happens the more you draw a lot of individual sections that overlap. You could try to remove the VBL in the area then redraw it.

Return to “MapTool”