Maptools 1.8.3 broke PDF asset access in the Library

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
callmedoug
Kobold

Maptools 1.8.3 broke PDF asset access in the Library

Post by callmedoug »

With the upgrade to 1.8.3 trying to access maps or assets from within a PDF is now broken. while i can see some assets, the majority of them no longer show up. i have tried multiple PDFs including ones i have extracted maps from in a past, and the maps along with most assets simply don't show up in the resources library.

is there a fix for this? this bug basically makes Maptools unusable for creating adventures from a PDF adventure without having to manual extract all assets using a third party software before starting with Maptools.

callmedoug
Kobold

Re: Maptools 1.8.3 broke PDF asset access in the Library

Post by callmedoug »

Guess, this is just me, or no one else cares about using PDF files. :(

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

callmedoug
Kobold

Post by callmedoug »

that bug report does look my issue, but I didn't add it. I was waiting for a confirmation to my post before adding a bug (as per the forum rules)

This does look like the issue I am having, but strangely this was not an issue with 1.7.3 for me, it was only since upgrading to 1.8.0 that I can't get the images from the PDF's. Specifically I was halfway through creating a new campaign, and i had half the maps in, then upgraded to 1.8.0 and then all the maps no longer showed up in the pdf viewer.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I would just comment on that bug report adding your info and details of bug.

Return to “MapTool”