Error when rotating a token in 1.8.3

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
xavram
Dragon

Error when rotating a token in 1.8.3

Post by xavram »

When I drop an asset on the Token or Object layer and try to rotate it, I get a big nasty java error. Starts with

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot read the array length because "array" is null

This appears to be in new in 1.8.3. I had a buddy of mine fire up MT and try the same thing, he also got the same error.

xavram
Dragon

Re: Error when rotating a token in 1.8.3

Post by xavram »

I found a key distinction here...its ONLY throwing this error when I'm on an Isometric map. On a regular, square grid map, it seems to work fine.

Unfortunately, my current campaign is all Isometric...so this is definately a problem for those of us using the Isometric maps.

Myckou
Kobold

Post by Myckou »

xavram wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:24 pm
I found a key distinction here...its ONLY throwing this error when I'm on an Isometric map. On a regular, square grid map, it seems to work fine.

Unfortunately, my current campaign is all Isometric...so this is definately a problem for those of us using the Isometric maps.
If you haven't tried already, switch the map to a square grid and then back to isometric. This caused the error to stop occurring for me until the the campaign was saved with the map set on isometric and then reopened. Something about opening as isometric seems to cause the problem, no idea at the root cause though. I don't have full maps built on out so I don't know if this would move things around but from the way isometric is set up I don't think it would. Annoying to do every session, but definitely better than rebuilding everything.

xavram
Dragon

Post by xavram »

So I tripped over this again last night, because we had to set the facing of a token. Since this is an Isometric campaign, we use Auras for Cone effects (since the template drawings don't work on Isometric maps). And when I tried to set the facing, same cascading Java error.

This is becoming a bigger problem than just setting up a map...Any idea of when we might get a patch fix for 1.8.3? Seems like it was rushed out because of the security issues, would be good to get something to address the bugs that came along for the ride.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

xavram wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:00 pm
Any idea of when we might get a patch fix for 1.8.3?
Seems like it was rushed out because of the security issues, would be good to get something to address the bugs that came along for the ride.
1.8.4 is a bug fix release and I think this may have been fixed in it... have you tried it yet?

1.8.4 didn't get a forum announcement for some reason (first time I've seen that happen) but it is announced on the main RPTools site and some of the other social media outlets.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

xavram
Dragon

Post by xavram »

Yeah, I missed the 1.8.4 announcement, I'll check it out. Thanks!

Return to “MapTool”