Migration to new computer doesn't show maps

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
VeylarDust
Kobold

Migration to new computer doesn't show maps

Post by VeylarDust »

Hi everyone,

I've just built myself a new desktop computer, and I'd like to use it to run my online games. I've been using an older version of MapTool on my old laptop, with no issues.

I installed MapTool 1.8.3 on the new computer, and copied the campaign file over. But when I opened it, all I got was the one blank grasslands map. There should be 5 maps in that campaign file, but none of them are showing up.

So, just in case the issue was that the newer version of MapTool was having an issue with a campaign file saved in an old version, I installed 1.8.3 on my laptop, opened the campaign file I was using before (which worked fine), and re-saved it. Then I copied the entire folder where I had my campaign file and all the assets over to the new computer. Lastly, I added the appropriate folders to the Resource Library, just in case that mattered.

However, I'm still just getting the blank grasslands map when I open the campaign file on the new computer.

I don't really want to have to place all the background images and redo all the VBL and tokens on those 5 maps a second time. Does anyone know what I'm missing here? I Googled this issue, but the only answers I could fine all talked about converting a campaign file to an older version, not a newer one.

I really appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Migration to new computer doesn't show maps

Post by Full Bleed »

You're going to have to share the original campaign file.

What version was it running properly on?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

VeylarDust
Kobold

Post by VeylarDust »

I've put the campaign file in a shared folder in Dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0171yjq0deopi ... cmpgn?dl=0

The version of MapTool on my laptop that was used to create it was 1.5.x (don't remember the exact version) but since then I installed 1.8.3 on that machine, and I was able to open it and re-save it using 1.8.3. The 1.8.3 file is what is in the Dropbox link above.

So, on my laptop it is working fine in 1.8.3. On my new desktop in 1.8.3, it just opens the file without any of the maps (just the default Grasslands map).

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Majestic Wilderlands Campaign.cmpgn · 13.62 KB
That's an empty campaign file.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

So, on my laptop it is working fine in 1.8.3. On my new desktop in 1.8.3, it just opens the file without any of the maps (just the default Grasslands map).
This is highly suspect.

Share the "working" campaign file from your laptop.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “MapTool”