I would like to add a timestamp when a player comes and goes

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
khaldrogo
Kobold

I would like to add a timestamp when a player comes and goes

Post by khaldrogo »

Hi,

is there an option to modify/change connect and disconnect messages? I would like to add a timestamp when a player comes and goes.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: I would like to add a timestamp when a player comes and goes

Post by wolph42 »

for half of it yes, the other half not sure.
There is a clear 'event' (onCampaignLoad) when a player loads the campaign, you can simply run a macro then to create the stamp. So login in is easy. Out however is not an event which means you have to run a background event which every so much seconds checks if a player is still connected and im not sure that's possible.
What is possible though is to have a macro 'check out' which you ask the player to press when they log out, but not sure you're looking for that...

JoeDuncan
Giant

Re: I would like to add a timestamp when a player comes and goes

Post by JoeDuncan »

khaldrogo wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:27 pm
is there an option to modify/change connect and disconnect messages? I would like to add a timestamp when a player comes and goes.
Not a problem!

Check out the "Joe's Ugly Hacks" posts in "User Creations".

I'm currently working on a custom event system for Maptool which I will release this coming weekend.

I will add "onPlayerConnect" and "onPlayerDisconnect" events for you and then you can do whatever you like with them.
"Joe's Ugly Hacks - Get 'em while their hot! Guaranteed ugliest hacks around or your money back!"

Return to “MapTool”