MAPTOOL odd window display issue

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Talishan
Kobold

MAPTOOL odd window display issue

Post by Talishan »

I am having this strange issue where my windows in maptool display content from other windows, and this occurs with either a loaded campaign or with nothing loaded at all, but usually takes a few minutes before it starts happening. For example, The library window showing what's in the main maptool window, or the chat window showing what's in the library window. Scrolling causes it to glitch even more, sometimes displaying the right content, sometimes the wrong content, and sometimes a jumbled mess of a combination of every window's content. I have tried reinstalling, messing with preferences, and resizing the main window currently. I am running an R9 5800x with an RX 6700xt GPU and 32 Ggigs of RAM. No other active programs are running concurrently with Maptool.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: MAPTOOL odd window display issue

Post by Full Bleed »

Talishan wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:21 am
I am having this strange issue where my windows in maptool display content from other windows, and this occurs with either a loaded campaign or with nothing loaded at all, but usually takes a few minutes before it starts happening. For example, The library window showing what's in the main maptool window, or the chat window showing what's in the library window. Scrolling causes it to glitch even more, sometimes displaying the right content, sometimes the wrong content, and sometimes a jumbled mess of a combination of every window's content. I have tried reinstalling, messing with preferences, and resizing the main window currently. I am running an R9 5800x with an RX 6700xt GPU and 32 Ggigs of RAM. No other active programs are running concurrently with Maptool.
Try disabling d3d in your maptool.cfg file.

Find the maptool.cfg file in the "app" folder in your MapTool install directory.

And add this line at the bottom with the other java options:

java-options=-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “MapTool”