GM-only map Name visible to players while loading the map

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
alecm
Kobold

GM-only map Name visible to players while loading the map

Post by alecm »

During our session this week, I was informed by my players that they could see both map names (the GM-only "Name" as well as the "Display Name") while loading into the map I'd prepared, even if they could only see the Display Name in the Map selection drop-down. Is this working as intended?

We were all using v1.9.2, and iirc this feature was added very recently. Definitely nice to have, but can really cause spoilers as-is. Sorta took a lot of tension out of the situation when the party knew exactly what mystery location they were waking up in.

MichaelP
Kobold

Re: GM-only map Name visible to players while loading the map

Post by MichaelP »

I'll take a look at it, thank you so much for posting something to highlight the issue! Tracking this issue at https://github.com/RPTools/maptool/issues/2802

MichaelP
Kobold

Post by MichaelP »

I believe the issue has been resolved as noted on the github issue. To confirm, was the only spot they saw the name the middle of the black asset loading scene? Or was there any other spot they saw it? Glad to hear the new feature is getting use!

alecm
Kobold

Post by alecm »

Well I didn't actually see it firsthand when we played, but I'm able to reproduce it running two Maptool instances and connecting over LAN.

The true map name appears on the text during the black loading screen when loading into a map (ie "Loading Map '[actual map name]' N/M Loaded, 1.3MB Cached")

Return to “MapTool”