Hiding Out-of-Sight NPCs

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
liquidavatar
Cave Troll

Hiding Out-of-Sight NPCs

Post by liquidavatar »

Is it possible to have NPCs only visible based on PC token visibility?

I'm running 1.9.2 on a touchscreen computer on the table that all of the players share, while I'm using a laptop as the GM. The player computer is connected as a player and I have strict token ownership enabled so that they can't mess with my NPCs. I have sight enabled and have created VBL objects, and have given the player tokens "normal" vision. We can see the "vision lines" around my VBL objects... but we can still see the group of goblins who are hiding behind the rocks! I'd love it if the VBL would stop the goblins from showing up, but I don't want to use full Fog of War to obscure the terrain. Any advice?

liquidavatar
Cave Troll

Re: Hiding Out-of-Sight NPCs

Post by liquidavatar »

Oh, I got it! I'll post it here in case anyone else finds this thread: I had to go to the Map menu, then go to Vision, and select Day. Presumably, Night would work as well, if I had any light sources on the map (or if I knew how to make lights, lol!). Happy gaming!

Return to “MapTool”