Errors with sight blocking

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Itachi
Kobold

Errors with sight blocking

Post by Itachi »

One of my players has has issues with sight blocking. Especially on larger maps. Any time she even mouse overs her token, an error pops up. It makes clicking on the token to do things difficult. I'm using fog of war and sight blocking, but I don't think the fog of war is causing this. It only affects one of my players, not the others. Was hoping I could give her some advice and maybe fix the problem.

This doesn't happen on all maps with sight blocking...Just on ones with larger areas it seems.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Errors with sight blocking

Post by aliasmask »

Sounds like one of the properties is running a macro than is causing an error. Having the error would be helpful as well as knowing the framework being played on. It could be the memory settings are too low for that computer.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Errors with sight blocking

Post by Full Bleed »

Itachi wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:37 pm
One of my players has has issues with sight blocking. Especially on larger maps. Any time she even mouse overs her token, an error pops up. It makes clicking on the token to do things difficult. I'm using fog of war and sight blocking, but I don't think the fog of war is causing this. It only affects one of my players, not the others. Was hoping I could give her some advice and maybe fix the problem.

This doesn't happen on all maps with sight blocking...Just on ones with larger areas it seems.
Sounds like a memory problem to me.

What memory settings is she using?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “MapTool”